Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Florø Airport

Good pic from mrfacts, can we fly there direct from the UK, what about customs etc?

Norway is part of Shengen, although they’re outside the EU. Not that it helps you, arriving from the UK.

On that note, I have rarely – as in ever – had anyone pay the least bit of interest in my passport, when arriving into Schengen from the UK. Coming back into the UK is of course a different matter, with all kind of silly forms to fill out :-)

EGTR

Does Norway actually operate Schengen?

Greece does not operate it, and I recall there have been issues with Switzerland (much discussed here, but I don’t recall a clear summary).

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Irrelevant to the thread but Switzerland is part of Schengen but not of the Customs Union. Therefore you can travel freely to Switzerland from Schengen but you have to use an airport of entry for Customs purposes. The other way round is true as well with people fined in France coming from CH for not landing at an AOE.

You have to pass Schengen immigration and customs to enter Norway from the UK. That means an Airport of Entry.

From the UK to Floro I’d think Bergen would be most convenient as it has got AOE status.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

There was an old Passport Union between the Nordic countries, that no passport has been needed to travel between them since the 50s. With the establishment of the Schengen agreement, Norway joined together with the other countries.

EGTR

From the UK to Floro I’d think Bergen would be most convenient as it has got AOE status.

+1 Flesland for a short customs and port of entry check is the way to go.

Hokksund/ENHS

You can go directly to Stavanger and Haugesund also, but not Florø.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

Thanks everyone for the information, Stavanger, Haugesund and Bergen all seem good options.
I see that a weekly landing card with parking is available for Denmark but I am amazed at the price of 5120.00 NOK
which is about £509.
Has anyone an idea please of a landing/parking at these airfields and Florø would be? (1950kg) assuming a weekly landing card is not obligatory.
Many thanks, Q

Last Edited by quatrelle at 06 May 17:57

Florø is the one place were I have stranded the most do to cancelled airline flights. Several times the cross wind was >50 kts.
Weekly card for Danmark I have not seen. All major airports apart from CPH is app 13 EUR + parking.
Weekly card for Sweden is not that good anymore because a lot of the smaller airfields has been transferred to local ownership and they only accept the yearly paid landing card – not the WSC.
For Norway there is a VFR guide Link
Norway WSC Link

pmh
ekbr ekbi, Denmark
11 Posts
Sign in to add your message