Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Flight report: Figari (LFKF) South Corsica

C210_Flyer wrote:

Arent there any rules and laws which countries have to follow as being a member of the EU or is it a free for all, accept what you want and discard the rest?

In France, there is state of emergency. They tend to stay within the legal framework.

Greece is a different case. Valid law is often ignored and the whole system of the EU cannot easily enforce the law when member states do not cooperate. There are ways but they are difficult and usually reserved for important things. With Greece, there is so much trouble on major item that they get through with a lot of smaller things. The airport thing would require an approval from the EU which would be time limited. Free exchange of goods (EU) and people (Schengen) are important basic principles.

PS: Even in the USA such problems exist, see the whole Sheriff Arpaio charade.

But correct me if my time line is off but didnt the Greeks have this treaty nullification policy before they had the Migrant crises? I can perhaps see it today in light of what has happened with Turkey and Syria and more recently Libya. The fact that the other EU member states have turned there backs to the problem and of course the German Banking policies along with the IMF monetary policies toward Greece. But then again I look at how the Greeks ran their Aviation infrastructure perhaps I should not be surprised at the hard line attitude taken by the creditors.

But thanks for explaining the reason for the French airport of entry situation in Corsica. Does it also apply to landing in France from Germany? When we went to Carcassonne we did not encounter that policy 2 yrs ago.

KHTO, LHTL

I still don’t get this. The only applicable NOTAM merely says:

This does not say that every international flight needs a PN of 6 hours. Having Border Police needs a PN of 6 hours. But a flight within Schengen doesn’t need that. If they want that (which their email seems to imply) then they should make it more clear in the NOTAM. Or cancel it entirely. It’s crazy.

Also, WTF: if they require me to adhere to their office hours anyway, then why the hell do I need to give 6 hours of PN??? If anything, it’s either one or the other!

RANT OVER.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 09 Sep 16:22
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

This is what they have on their VAC (AIP):

If I were to do an intra Schengen flight from outside France to their airfield, I would demand clarification if they really mean it that way and based on what law they required me to do an immigration PN. Or just go there and deal with it on site, because I’d deem the risk of them being able to actually prosecute you very low since the overarching law (EU directive) is still in place and still in my favour. If you want to deviate from the Schengen provisions, you need to notify the EU commission; I don’t know if France has even done that. Or actually, just do a touch and go at Propriano on the way and Bob’s your uncle.

Last Edited by Rwy20 at 09 Sep 18:45
24 Posts
Sign in to add your message