Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Handling Warsaw EPWA

I am planning a trip to Warsaw. Can anyone recommend a handling agent who is apparently needed to arrange a slot according to AIP? No other assistance needed so price would be the primary factor. BTW, I was quite surprised that Jepp doesn’t mention the need for a slot at all…

LKBE

I just checked Jepp and AIP, and you are right, Jepp doesn’t mention the need for a slot and the AIP does.
However, AFAICS, nowhere do they write that handling is mandatory. And the details of the slot coordinator are published. So, I would try to go that way and only use a handler if that turns out to be unavoidable.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Did you consider going to Warszawa-Babice (EPBC) or Warszawa-Modlin (EPMO) rather than the main Warszawa-Okecie (EPWA) airport?
You might save quite a few zlotych (PLN)

Last Edited by ANTEK at 06 Dec 09:57
YSCB

However, AFAICS, nowhere do they write that handling is mandatory. And the details of the slot coordinator are published. So, I would try to go that way and only use a handler if that turns out to be unavoidable.

I found some Local Rules document linked from the slot coordinator website which mentions that General Aviation operators must make requests via their handling agent only. The title of the document however mentions (Outside of Coordinator’s Working Hours) so I’ll probably try and see …

Did you consider going to Warszawa-Babice (EPBC) or Warszawa-Modlin (EPMO) rather than the main Warszawa-Okecie (EPWA) airport?
You might save quite a few zlotych (PLN)

Do you have any recent experience in these? Babice is not IFR so could be problem with weather, Modlin is far less convenient since I have meetings south of Warsaw center and comparing just the published landing fees the difference was not significant. I’ll consider them however if the cost of Okecie is too high or getting slot too complicated.

Last Edited by honza at 06 Dec 10:50
LKBE

No, I have not been to Babice in years, I am afraid.
I was told, however, that it is quite common for light craft bound for Babice to plan for EPWA and, if visual at reasonable hight, ask for vectors to EPBC.

YSCB
5 Posts
Sign in to add your message