Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Advice for a trip to LEMU/Muchamiel

Hi, new here so this may have been covered before, but planning a trip to LEMU for a week in August (as an alternative to LEAL). I have e-mailed them and phoned but no reply yet. Questions I have:

- I would like to park there for 6 nights – does this need to be booked with them or can you just turn up?
- Approx cost of the above?
- Do they have Jet A1 usually?
- Any one have experience of renting a car from there – the website says they can do it, but I wonder if it ends up say EUR 100-150 more expensive than LEAL and so sort of ends up the same if you went to LEAL and paid more for the handling but cheaper car rental.

All help much appreciated.

Ian

EGKR, United Kingdom

@Ian66, I haven’t been there and it’d on my list for this year too. @Antonio @Dan and @terbang and possibly others may know more.

Last Edited by aart at 12 Apr 05:19
Private field, Mallorca, Spain

I’ve never been there but I can share one generic advice assuming you’re arriving from UK. If my assumption is correct, you’ll have to make customs & immigration stop somewhere in Schengen area (probably France) before flying to LEMU. Use this stop as refueling stop because any type of fuel is 50-100% more expensive in Spain than in France.

Sometimes flying to bigger international airport in the end can be cheaper, avoiding hassle of additional stop and logistics issues (transportation, rental car etc.) but in the other occasions going to small airport and making a stop on a way there can be better choice because of your passengers, overall cost or simply enjoying in exploring places not accessible by commercial flights.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Well, I’ve been into LEMU a few times, beginning of February last. But I’ve never been there in August… luckily 🫣

There’s ample parking space, but a problem might be being close to one of them numerous large choppers. We had one aircraft in the group with flaps damage, which probably incurred when one of those monsters hovertaxied by.
I’m on Mogas (from the next fuel station), some of my friends were on Avgas, so not sure about Jet A1, but again, those choppers mostly feed on that. Else LECN has kerosene and is not too far away, along with a spectacular coastal route.
We stayed 3 nites, and I paid something like €140, this covering landing and parking fees and a 1x €30 nite spent in the hangar due to hi winds.
We had our own transportation, so no clue about car rental…

It’s a nice friendly field, easy access, but hi vis mandatory.

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

What Dan and Emir already wrote. However, we were parked directly in front of the small tower, away from the choppers. Re the rental car: it was very expensive when we inquired. We took a taxi to town where we wanted to spend a nite anyway (taxi was quite affordable and the town has nice restaurants). The next day we took a bus to the big airport to get a rental car for cheap there.

EDFM (Mannheim), Germany

Thank your for your responses; very informative.

Any suggestions for the customs airport en route from the UK? I was considering LESO. I take on board the point about fuel but she drinks 25 ltr/hour at 75% power so it is not a driving factor.

EGKR, United Kingdom

If you want to fly that route, your only option in France for an aiport that doesn’t require prior notice for Schengen entry is Bordeaux. Higher fees, but likely a bit less expensive on the fuel.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 12 Apr 10:40
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

LFBT Tarbes is 24 hours PN which is not too bad and it’s definitely cheaper than LFBD.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

your only option in France for an aiport that doesn’t require prior notice for Schengen entry is Bordeaux

@boscomantico is that really true?

I am not doubting you but would really like to know how you checked that.

I tried to get some work done here but nobody was interested in doing it. So if you have a source, please post it. Even after the huge cutbacks of 2011-2012 France still has loads of airports with C+I and it would take ages to go through the AIPs and NOTAMs.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

I am not doubting you but would really like to know how you checked that.

I guess by checking AIPs of airports on EGKR→LEMU route. All others have PN or PPR for customs & immigration.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia
22 Posts
Sign in to add your message