Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Suggested Fly-in - Spain Wednesday 12 August 2026

A close friend is a ‘full eclipse chaser’, flying back from the US now and surely he’ll provide some good advice where to be when. I can then try to find the best field along the path. But, hey, this should be witnessed airborne. No need to have Night Rating unless someone can point us to some obscure EASA rule other than SS-SR

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

La Morgal LEMR may be a nice place to go and since it’s the Spanish home base of @UdoR he may know the right palms to grea… eh, have some friends there to help with some logistics

One caveat. NW Spain is suspiciously green, like Ireland, so that says something about cloud cover.

Last Edited by aart at 09 Apr 10:42
Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Don’t think that a swarm of aircraft all looking at the disappearance of the sun sounds like a good idea 😅

Germany

Emir wrote:

All three dates added to my calendar.

Love that positive thinking @Emir 👍🏻

PS
Ah yeah, for a moment I forgot how young you are 😋

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

Emir wrote:

All three dates added to my calendar.

Good idea, why not

Germany

Great idea ! Date added as well.

As for seeing it from the air, there’s no SR/SS rule but they just need to put out a NOTAM saying VFR is forbidden during the eclipse and that’ll be that.

France

maxbc wrote:

they just need to put out a NOTAM saying VFR is forbidden during the eclipse and that’ll be that.

I for one would not make that kind of (non-) suggestion on an open forum… these kind of ideas pop-up readily enough, no need for further help 😉

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

Having just flown from CA to TX and back to view the eclipse, I can only strongly recommend anyone to go and see it. It’s really an otherworldly experience which you won’t see many times in your life.

Dan wrote:

I for one would not make that kind of (non-) suggestion on an open forum… these kind of ideas pop-up readily enough, no need for further help 😉

True, but I don’t think they need me to invent such rules ^^ (just look at restrictions for the Olympics in France)

France

August 12th 2026 – @aart it looks like we’ll camp in your backyard

LDZA LDVA, Croatia
Sign in to add your message