Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Red Bull Ring: Zeltweg Air Base, Fliegerhorst Hinterstoisser, LOXZ or Graz, LOWG

I am going to the Red Bull Ring at the end of August and LOXZ is right in front of it – it would be nice to be able to land and keep the plane there. But is it possible? It is a military airport, but https://www.aviator.at/airport/1loxz.htm says “Civil aircraft only with written permission to use and land from the Ministry of Defence”. Has anyone tried to use this airport? Would it be possible to land and keep the plane for three nights?

As far as I can see, Graz LOWG is the next nearest airport and AFAIK overnight parking is not a problem there. Are there any other options?

LSZH, LSZF, Switzerland

During the race it is possible to land at LOXZ.
There is a yearly AIP SUP info. See a past one here.

Handling is usually via Red Bull.

always learning
LO__, Austria

Snoopy wrote:

During the race it is possible to land at LOXZ.
There is a yearly AIP SUP info. See a past one here.

Handling is usually via Red Bull.

Very interesting, thanks. However, I am not going to the F1 race, so it will be outside of this time.

LSZH, LSZF, Switzerland

Then you need permission from department of defense. It might also be worth a try to contact the local clubs based at LOXZ for advice.

always learning
LO__, Austria

Here is some information I received when I contacted the provided email address [email protected]:

Anträge zur zivilen Mitbenützung von Militärflugplätzen wären gem. AIP AUSTRIA AD 1.1 Punkt 3 ausschließlichen mit den dort geforderten Daten an die angegebene Adresse [email protected] zu richten. Die Militärflugleitung selbst hat keinen Einfluss auf derartige Genehmigungen.

LSZH, LSZF, Switzerland
5 Posts
Sign in to add your message