Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Singapore to Egypt

boscomantico wrote:

Probably the most cleverly planned and executed private SEP flight from Europe to Australia (and back) ever made!

Was thinking the same, it must have been one hell of an adventure, but still reads like line flying, all organised and working according to plan 😉🤣

PS
Sure there were loads of obstacles surmounted of which we have no clue… respect.

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

Looks like fun! So sad I can’t head to Egypt in GA anytime soon.

I now understand why when I flew with BA why so many places were difficult to divert too, there’s just too much hassle involved if you end up in anywhere BUT the destination or a mainline airport.

Qualified PPL with IR SP/SE PBN
EGSG, United Kingdom

You can fly to Egypt – the GASE crowd in Cairo (see previous threads) will help you. Also see Terbang’s recent post re his trip to Australia and NZ.

Whether Egypt is worth doing by GA is a different discussion. I nearly did it (Luxor) years ago and would now regard Africa as sado masochistic self flagellation Europe (the functioning parts of) has so much to offer. Airline travel (and the associated airport cattle market, and the risk of ending up ill for some days at some hotel) does have its uses.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Was thinking the same, it must have been one hell of an adventure, but still reads like line flying, all organised and working according to plan 😉🤣

Of course there was a lot to organize day by day – plan flights, stay in contact with handlers, book hotels and all that – rather not worth to write about. However, in fact this ferry phase to Egypt went really well. Except for minor issues like leaking fuel pumps and suspended flight plans and the unnerving headwind everything went well. We had much more trouble on the way down.

We arrived in Mannheim yesterday afternoon. Two installments still in the making.

EDFM (Mannheim), Germany

terbang wrote:

We arrived in Mannheim yesterday afternoon. Two installments still in the making.

Welcome back (I suspect to kinda knowing the feeling, nice and depressing at the same time) and looking forward to savour the rest

PS
Yeah, I wrote depressing… I recall becoming quite depressed after I came back from my little Tour. Not sure about you guys, but for me it was life long dream, and all of a sudden it was realised, gone. This left a huge void, and I almost had to force myself to go flying for the following months, each flight feeling tasteless, boring, goalless… yes, it sounds sad, but I sure recovered, and you guys will hopefully and probably not be affected.

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland
15 Posts
Sign in to add your message