Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Aero Friedrichshafen EDNY April 17-20 2024

The current wording on slot refunds is

This effectively prevents anyone cancelling due to wx getting a refund It enables the airport to re-sell the slot(s) and get 2x the money.

On a related topic, I won’t be able to get there, and would like to ask if anyone can keep an eye on the EuroGA leaflets. They should be displayed in two places. The organisers have approx 1000 of them, and I told them that in past years someone was going around and “removing” them en-masse so please could they not put all of them up in one go. I am 99% sure I know who was doing it and hopefully he will appear in a nice video in due course

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

What has been the impressions so far from those who have already visited the exhibition?
I could imagine that FlySto stall will be inundated with the visitors this time. I have heard good things about it on various aviation podcasts that I listen to.

I would be able to attend on Saturday. So, just curious about the going-ons :)

Last Edited by Arun at 18 Apr 11:49
EDMB, Germany

Arun wrote:

What has been the impressions so far from those who have already visited the exhibition?

I went yesterday (Thursday). It was pretty good. About the same as last year. I didn’t notice too much different. The FlySto booth was very big, but I didn’t see too many people there when I was there. So even if there were a lot of people, it wouldn’t be too crowded.

Germany

So we finally made it and flew in and out of AERO on Friday!

It was raining all the time and although we only had VFR slots I did call the tower by phone and they allowed us to fly IFR in and out. There was some traffic but due to the weather it was not crowded. ATC was friendly and efficient. The grass parking was nearly empty (I saw 1 helicopter and 2 planes). The hard parking was filled a little more with PC12, TBM and similar. But nowhere near as full as I have seen it before.

The entry to the show, then entry back to the apron, shuttle etc. have been empty and as a result super quick and efficient. The invoice for the landing charges apparently comes by mail later, so let’s see how that works out.

On the show itself the crowd was average or even a little above average. As usual quite some interesting things but also the halls have not been filled completely but the organizers did their best to fill the voids. Some stands even had no carpet (a big no no in the old days when I did this).

Overall besides booking the slot this has been a very enjoyable experience.

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

Another report from Ed Hicks 👍🏻

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

always learning
LO__, Austria

A request was posted in the telegram group for reports in the forum of weather at EDNY during the show, so we could learn from it.

So far a few people posted reports in the telegram group but nobody had flown in using GA.

The wx was generally pretty bad, with snow etc.

There was a small turnout in the restaurant

Administrator

Peter wrote:

but nobody had flown in using GA.

We did fly in and on Friday. It was IMC from about FL200 to maybe 1500ft AGL. Not much turbulence, no ice and in the morning no convection. In the evening when we did fly home to Berlin the ceiling was further down and it was raining like crazy. But no ice and no turbulence on the climb out. Above FL200 it was bright sunshine. But further north on the data link weather we could see a few patches which did have some convection and strikes but did not reach any higher than the other stuff so tops at about FL200. Descending back into Berlin we did cycle the deice boots once but it would have worked without.

So as usual it was not as bad as expected but I was not able to predict the amount of ice. DWD said there would be more ice and it could certainly have been true. I did use the silicon oil on the boots before departure for better ice removal as I expect it to be much worse.

Below a screenshot showing the weather on the return flight in the evening and a cockpit view taken shortly thereafter:

Last Edited by Sebastian_G at 26 Apr 21:37
www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

Can you give the type of silicone oil please?

always learning
LO__, Austria

When I wrote “We did fly in and on Friday.” I meant nobody in the telegram group did

The compound mentioned was discussed in another thread some years ago. I will try to find it tomorrow.

Administrator
Sign in to add your message