Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Pay for Fuel with Cash in Denmark?

I know Scandinavians are not the words biggest cash users. That said,

Are there are any places in Denmark one can pay for Jet A Fuel with cash?

Norway

To my knowledge, no.
Not sure why anyone would want to do that.

EGTR

Cash for Jet-A… most probably as as a way to revitalize the system?

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

I defo do not want to suspect anybody of anything and have no reason to do so, but not matter what it´s a bit of a funny question.. You fly an airplane that burns Jet-A (“even” if it´s “just” a diesel/jet-a aircraft) and you don´t have a credit card to pay for the gas with? I like it! ;-)
Additionally, I would expect (but don´t know) that you would need to pay the cash in Danish Croner (DKK).. I don´t know. Sorry.

Last Edited by Yeager at 14 Aug 21:38
Socata Rally MS.893E
Portugal

mmgreve wrote:

just as an insurance in case anything else fails? I don’t have AirBP and prefer to pay with a card everywhere, but sometimes card does not work. The latest was some local fuel station chain in Iceland where my Swedbank cards just didn’t work.

EETU, Estonia

Op here.

In my case I almost exclusively use my BP Card, as that is the only option in much of Scandinavia and useful throughout Europe. I don’t have any plans to visit Denmark, but often fly over it, and I have 200 euros in Danish kroners left over and thought to combine a fun new airport stop with a fuel stop. But nevermind.

I will add that BP customer service is terrible, right now they are taking months to change my banking information, and I am worried late charges will apply.

Additionally, I will add that the same people and politicians who try and vilify cash are going to be the same ones who hate us for GA. Maybe just my own “American in Europe” mentality and problem.

Just the other week I was happy to help out a German flying group in Norway who wanted to pay fuel with cash, as in Norway only BP/Shell card is accepted (no credit cards). I think it has happened to all of us to land at an airport, only to learn that they want some obscure fueling card or a bank card is denied.

Drifting off topic now, we can consider my question closed. I will save the Kroners for a round of drinks at a Denmark meet-up.

Norway

sedatedokc wrote:

Just the other week I was happy to help out a German flying group in Norway who wanted to pay fuel with cash, as in Norway only BP/Shell card is accepted (no credit cards). I think it has happened to all of us to land at an airport, only to learn that they want some obscure fueling card or a bank card is denied.

I’ve also had this experience – then I have to figure out what to do with a bunch of cash…thankfully my wife is available to help me out. :D

Fly more.
LSGY, Switzerland

sedatedokc wrote:

I will add that BP customer service is terrible, right now they are taking months to change my banking information, and I am worried late charges will apply.
They don’t. I had the same issue when moving from Germany to Switzerland. Ultimately, the fuel was booked off my bank account after more than one year. No joke. But no extra costs.

BP was fast with new fuel cards. They came within a week. Also, their online portal support is fast, but as soon as you’re writing a question regarding finance, it takes ages. Maybe send your question also to the German BP office. They seem to be quicker.
Last Edited by Frans at 15 Aug 07:01
Switzerland

Frans wrote:

They don’t. I had the same issue when moving from Germany to Switzerland. Ultimately, the fuel was booked off my bank account after more than one year. No joke. But no extra costs.

Good to know, thanks for the information. I was a little worried as I have had “Overdue” balances for several months now.

Norway

At many places in Germany it is impossible to pay other than cash. So lately we went to the channel islands and did pick up some cash. Then it took planning to even get rid of it as everybody just wanted card payments. There are some massive local differences in this regard.

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ
13 Posts
Sign in to add your message