Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EGNS/Isle of Man - free landings for light aircraft in September

It’s a good time to visit the Isle of Man.

During September aircraft <2.5t will get free landings at weekends at EGNS/Ronaldsway Isle of Man.

I don’t know what the deal with handling will be – presumably there will still be a cost here but 3Legs Handling offers an affordable handling service.

https://www.three.fm/news/isle-of-man-news/ronaldsway-waives-landing-fees-for-small-aircraft-on-weekends/

Andreas IOM

They say here

In support of this fantastic initiative by the Isle of Man Airport, 3Legs Aviation Services will be offering a 50% discount on all handling fees, pre booking required.

But they don’t say what the handling fees are.

Parking fees still apply and they aren’t listed either.

It’s a good incentive, but would probably be more successful if they laid out all the fees (assuming that they are reasonable) rather than simply saying “The landing is free and handling is 50% and you still have to pay parking” and leaving it up to the reader to research those. I’m not objecting to having to do that work! It’s part of normal flight planning. I’m just saying that they are likely to get more interest if the point out how good their offer is, rather than leaving it to the reader to figure out if it’s a good offer or still a very expensive visit despite free landing fees.

We’ve all paid extortionate handling and parking fees at some location, which made the landing fee irrelevant. (Not saying that’s the case here….I’ve not looked into it).

EIWT Weston, Ireland

AIUI handling £10( for the offer)parking £5 day. The GAR is more simple than stated, but it’s a mess!
All here

SD uses the above as I understand
Cert of agreement not relevant for uk -iom
There is a police presence at iom, see here

There are several errors in UK version, so not surprised they got it wrong for IOM, for instance it says Plymouth has a police presence!
So if your uk Airport has police presence no gar required. If it doesn’t then it is.

Last Edited by PeteD at 09 Aug 22:39
EGNS, Other

www.3Legsaviationservices.com

All on there but PeteD nailed it, parking £5 plus vat per 24 hours or part thereof, 50% discounted handling under 2T, £10 plus vat

United Kingdom

There’s also lots of talks in progress regarding the GAR mess.

United Kingdom

BTW filing a GAR with SD fulfills the promulgated requirements for visiting the Isle of Man for UK and IOM as per post 03

EGNS, Other
6 Posts
Sign in to add your message