Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Italy, Italy!

That is of course because he used only small airports. Go to the big IFR airports, and you get into 500€ territory very quickly.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

That is of course because he used only small airports. Go to the big IFR airports, and you get into 500€ territory very quickly.

Yes, very true. That’s why we chose the small airfields. Thanks for your site 😊

EDFM (Mannheim), Germany

All I need is 3000’ or 1000m and a GPS approach. Hard surface that is stone free a nearby restaurant or at least Transport to town either with a Taxi or car rental. 100LL availability for a decent price compared to others in the area (In Germany the area includes the entire country). Am I asking for the impossible, I ask you?

KHTO, LHTL

terbang wrote:

It was mostly trivial. Ravenna and Biella are free, L‘Aquila was really cheap (outside parking was 10€ a day and hangar only 5€ more, landing negligible), Fano was a bit expensive for a grass field at about 30€ all together. Pavullo is cheap as well, only hangarage is a bit expensive.

Thanks for the heads up.

KHTO, LHTL

All I need is 3000’ or 1000m and a GPS approach. Hard surface that is stone free a nearby restaurant or at least Transport to town either with a Taxi or car rental. 100LL availability for a decent price compared to others in the area (In Germany the area includes the entire country). Am I asking for the impossible, I ask you?

Absolutely. In Italy, there are practically no GA-only airfields with IFR procedures. IFR = airline airport, usually, and the vast majority of airline airports are several hundred Euros nowadays. For who can‘t do without IFR procedures, Italy is no bueno. But as terbang shows, one doesn‘t need IFR procedures, as one doesn‘t fly to Italy with a terrible general weather forecast.

Most GA only VFR airfields in Italy don‘t have 1000 metres of hard runway either.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

boscomantico wrote:

For who can‘t do without IFR procedures, Italy is no bueno.

IFR procedures make the airplane a practical tool. How about this scenario its raining out so you cant use you car as long as the roads are wet or there could be a possible chance of rain. Just think how impractical the automobile would become overnight. Speaking about night, how about coming off the roads by Dusk till Dawn rule?

No I dont need an IFR airport except for practicality purposes. As long as GA is closed out of the market due to expense it will be treated as what it is; a rich mans game. So if you want to play, pay up.

By the way I can scud run with the best of them.

KHTO, LHTL
16 Posts
Sign in to add your message