Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Airports whose AIP and NOTAM data is bogus or tricky and additional briefing is required

@Peter that form was the 24hr PN as far as I can see and its very simple compared to many I have seen. I have copied it to use whenever I fly outside Schengen and/or EU. Its easier than trying to remember what to include on an email.

France

Annecy is one of those (many) PPFs that require 24h notice even for international flights within Schengen. It must have killed most international flights to Annecy by now.
The link to the doc on the webpage (totally in French only) is dead.
And the list of addresses that one shall send it to is crazy…

Last Edited by boscomantico at 01 Jun 08:44
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

require 24h notice even for international flights within Schengen

That information appears to be out of date.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I think @Peter followed the right route unless going Dec to Apr.
You PPR and PN the airport
You fill out that form and send it the customs dept on the form 24hrs min in advance.
Personally I would also email a c/ copy to the aiport operator at the same time.
Less than 3tonnes no requirement to send to myhandling.

France

Sure, but publishing different bits of different requirements in different places is complete BS.

It “works” because most people fly just locally and speak the local language.

The internet has made it possible to promulgate all kinds of BS, often emitted by people not authorised to do so. What has changed more recently is that more and more of it is getting enforced.

I do recall from fly2ski that one could not do a weekend movement in the winter, so I arrived Fri and departed Mon, plus they parked my TB20 out of sight of the bizjet area, around the corner, so the posh bizjet clients did not see “dirty old GA”

Administrator

I have just had a note back about the, C+I border force in France. It is by way of explanation but does not answer any of our questions.
1/The B**x*t word that should not be mentioned tripled the workload of the Border Force.
2/ Boats coming across the Med also increased the workload particularly where France borders Spain and Italy.
3/ Meeting the request from the UK to help stop the small boats has required an increase in border force officers in the Calais, Dunkirk area of around 50%.
4/ Drugs and tobacco products and guns coming from Africa and up through Spain has also meant an increase in border force officers in this area
5/ For a while Covid measures at the borders also needed an increase in staff.
6/ Stop start rule changes at an EU level is causing uncertainty
7/ The UK not fully implementing the “withdrawal agreement yet” causing difficulties in border force planning
8/ The war between Russia and the Ukraine is adding extra complications, increasing the border force workload.
Against this:
1/ Many border force officers disappeared during and after Covid
2/ Older staff taking the pension as soon as they are able
3/ Restaffing and getting the extra staff needed is proving difficult in all sectors of the economy.
Except for those wanting to be film or pop stars.🙂
4/ At present, difficulties in staff turning up at work on time due to industrial action.

The answer to all this would simply be to allow all ga to come and go without restriction. I fear that is not politically possible. The other answer might be a GAR system like the UKs but again there are forces against this on security grounds.
If I hear more from the town hall I will post here.

France

The B**x*t word that should not be mentioned tripled the workload of the Border Force.

I don’t understand that. If we take the post-2011 climate (France withdrew C+I from 100+ airports c. 2011 – various threads here), you have X airports on 24hr PN (not 48hr) and quite a lot on say 8hr PN, and quite a lot on a 2hr or even zero PN.

The French police “flying squad” would visit different places as they judged worth doing.

Brexit changed nothing since the UK was never in schengen so Police was always needed. Well, unless somebody made a political (nonsensical) decision to hit Brits hard and inspect everybody. If this was Albania, one could understand but Brits going to Cherbourg are hardly high risk.

We have lived with 24hr for years but 48hr PN really kills traffic and IMHO that must be the intention, because it is so obvious.

The rest of your list I can believe. Post-covid, half the UK doesn’t want to work either…

Administrator

I believe there has been an increase number of customs checks and paperwork especially in areas like food,.agriculture and medicines as the UK is no longer committed to European standards, and in other areas there are problems with rules of origin.
I also understand that ports eg Dover are wanting an increase in the number of French immigration officers to reduce congestion at certain times of the year.
But these are guesses from what I see on tv news, this wasn’t included in the explanation note I got back from the chamber of commerce.

AIUI the flying.squad as you.call them is not part of the border force but come under the DGAC. The only dealings I have seen with them have been people driving vehicles airside without orange flashing lights, or pilots parking airside at the side of their hangar while they went for a flight.

Last Edited by gallois at 01 Jun 10:53
France

We’ve had so many posts about these and new ones keep popping up.

Most seem to be in France. Most but not all is related to immigration+customs requirements and the PN for these.

La Rochelle LFBH – AIP says 8hrs PN but a NOTAM says 48hrs and this is for any non-French flight i.e. disregarding schengen, as discussed generally here and specifically here.

Annecy LFLP – the police need details on a specific form here. If you submit your details at (24hr PN) 24hrs and 1 minute and you didn’t use that form, they will refuse the arrival. AIP is badly worded, implying that immigration (“police” in France) is not available, which is wrong (it is). The Myhandling website is not required but they “like to see it” especially above 3000kg. Also the police treat “crew” differently; basically not interested in stamping the passport. And as mentioned elsewhere, Annecy is one of the airports which like La Rochelle above ignores schengen and requires that form, on a 24hr PN, for all foreign flights.

Caen LFRK – AIP is confusing on the PPR (yes it is PPR, not just PN) and it is at least 24hr, 72hr for immigration+customs at weekends.

Administrator

boscomantico wrote:

Annecy is one of those (many) PPFs that require 24h notice even for international flights within Schengen

I can confirm that prior notice INCLUDING filling out that form is actually requested by border police for an intra-Schengen flight from Germany to Annecy. Regardless of whether this information or regulation is outdated or not, the border police wants it.

Germany
Sign in to add your message