Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Fly in to Spain - La Cerdanya LECD 29 Sep 2023

Is their any point in doing a final mail shot this weekend? I appreciate that there is already a lot of people coming. But pretty much all of those decided some time ago to come. There will also be a group of people who only make such decisions less than a week out, and they may well have forgotten about the date.

So a mail shot now might bring it back into the consciousness of those short scale planners?

EIWT Weston, Ireland

Winston wrote:

Enjoy! I won’t be joining this one as I’m heading the other way right now. Left GMFF Fes this morning and currently at LEAP Empuriabrava (which I cannot recommend highly enough) and off towards Italy tomorrow for a rest!

You’re true example how GA pilot’s career can develop fast and how touring around Europe (and beyond) is feasible.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

dublinpilot wrote:

So a mail shot now might bring it back into the consciousness of those short scale planners?

With this cloud forecast for Friday it definitely makes sense to see whether there are more interested people.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Aircraft parking limits?

We are now looking at, IIRC, 15 aircraft. So we may get 10 if the wx is perfect. What is the parking capacity?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I don’t know if there is a real limit, as you can see there are no formal parking spots. The tarmac is quite big and the grass area even bigger. Assume the grass quality is OK, if not we can always push in/out the planes. My gut feel is we can easily fit in 20 aircraft on the tarmac and the first part of the grass. But I can do a check with the people there.

My concern would be more about accomodation and finding a big enough place for the dinner.

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Peter wrote:

What is the parking capacity

At the looks of it I’d say we could stack around 200 there, including grass? But maybe anyone has asked already?

There’s some program for kids, too. Motocross for even the smallest ones

Germany

Ah damn and I am going to miss this fly-in. I really wanted to join but have to work, and the aircraft is undergoing final instalaltion of the new avionics as well.

Have fun guys! Looking forward to the next fly-in. For some reason I started thinking about organizing one at Asiago LIDA next spring :)

LOWI,LIPB, Italy

Asiago LIDA next spring

Hey Luke, count me in

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

Hey Luke, me too! Never been there but looks like a good place to be 😎

Germany

@Dan and @UdoR, sure, let me talk to the guys on site, could be a nice spot. We might need to arrange for Avgas if needed, even if one could stop in LIDT Trento for refuelling. If there is some interest let me check what I can setup :)

LOWI,LIPB, Italy
Sign in to add your message