Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

New policy and prices at Zadar LDZD

steffen wrote:

For one week with 1 crew and 1 passenger I calculated a price around 450 EUR with tax included.
We will go to Rijeka instead where we pay around 100 EUR for the same and take a rental car to Zadar.

Ironically my plane was destroyed by hail in Rijeka. In order to save some money with Zadar I now pay multiple times the price.
Could be new lyrics for an Alanis Morissette song :-))

EDKV, Germany

tmo wrote:

Wasn’t there some rule/regulation that said handling can be declined / cannot be mandatory / has to be reasonable? Something around Spain and “minimum-service” handling seems to ring a bell, but I cannot recall any specifics.

According to EU law you have the right to self-handling. I know this as AOPA-Sweden some 10-15 years ago complained to the Swedish CAA that Stockholm/Arlanda had compulsory handling. The CAA forced the airport operator to accept self-handling. This doesn’t mean that you can “just say no”. In the case of Arlanda, a written self-handling agreement is required in advance, Also there are services you may need, like being let out or in or transported from the ramp to the terminal, and the airport operator may charge you for that.

I once enquired about self-handling at Arlanda and it was perfectly possible, but the fee charged by the airport operator to drive you between the terminal and the remote apron where GA is parked would cost almost as much as employing the cheapest handler.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

There are trivial ways to get around that law. See the Menorca 2017 fly-in thread.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I got a reply from ground ops at LDZD, that using GA terminal is mandatory till the end of October 2023,

Croatia
64 Posts
Sign in to add your message