Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Honeymoon Flying Trip - 2022 - Balkan Peninsula + Corsica

Thanks everyone for the wishes!

C210_Flyer wrote:

Albania is on my bucket list for this year, any tips?

Due to the heat, we did not do much more than really stroll through the city center, so I can’t advice on actual sights/things to do all that much.

We stayed at the Hotel Mondial, which we liked. It has a bit of an old school style, but has a modern roof top pool with restaurant. All staff were very friendly and helpful and it’s in walking distance of the center.

We had dinner once at Era Blloku, which focuses on traditional Albanian cuisine as well as Italian. In that area, it was the only restaurant that evening which was busy, most other places even with great reviews were mostly deserted. Admittedly, most guests seemed to be foreigners, so they do cater to tourists. However, the food we sampled as quite good!

Hungriger Wolf (EDHF), Germany

UdoR wrote:

Congratulations on finding that woman that flies with you!

In my many years of flying I’ve seen so many aircraft being bought, but when the wife doesn’t come and fly with you, the poor plane (in most cases) won’t make lots of trips. (Edit: that’s not meant to be sexism. It’s just my experience. Of course there are women piloting, too, but these stories only happened this way round)

My wife and I are planning something similar So I read through this quite interested

That is very true. I’m very lucky in that regard. I understand you are in the same position plus you can do long legs with your family – this is something we can’t do, as the ladies (my wife and her daughter if she’s coming along) insist on regular toilet breaks.

In fact I was reading along your considerations regarding weather when flying in the Spain/France area during the time of our trip. It had been our original plan to fly in that direction as well, so that was interesting to see. I guess we got really lucky with the WX condition on the entire trip. Proven by the fact that the report above, now that I look at it again, barely mentions weather and in fact we didn’t have any issues except for the single day delay out of Zell am See, which we were able to manage quite well with our hotel bookings – no rooms/nights had to be paid extra.

Congratulations for your marriage. May it last forever. God bless you.

You were eager to have a flying honeymoon to rent a plane while owning one ! I hope your Arrow flies back soon.
I had the same dream but our wedding was the last decent day of the year and the following day, weather became totally crap everywhere. Driving it was

As you mentioned, not referring to weather is a good sign, and indeed we had a great summer. Far less stress on flying trips. Glad you had that peace of mind for your honeymoon.

LFOU, France

Congratulations @Patrick, great to see you both sharing a passion for flight.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Congratulations to you and your wife on your wedding!

Thanks for sharing your honeymoon with us. It looks like you had an amazing trip!

EIWT Weston, Ireland

Excellent

Congratulations Patrick

Hopefully many happy memories for you both

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

Thanks for the tips.

KHTO, LHTL

Oops, I’m late. Congrats Patrick!!

EDFM (Mannheim), Germany

Congratulation with the wedding and the plane trip !

ENVA, Norway

Almost a year later, I got around to finishing the video.

Sign in to add your message