Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Flying from the EU (Netherlands) to the UK and back

lionel wrote:

The history of it is that it dates back to when night VFR was prohibited in the Netherlands, except for training flights necessary to pass a CPL. So this kind of “IFR at night only” is the way to allow the airport to be used at night. But that is:

PPR
expensive (you pay for the info agent to stay later)
limited to a certain maximum number of approaches per year (not per aircraft, for the aerodrome)
Probably because you basically overfly the (outskirts of the) town to the east on approach?

This is true.

EHTE, Netherlands

Peter wrote:

However the OP did not say VFR or IFR.

I’ll be flying IFR, and looking forward to it!

EHTE, Netherlands

If IFR, and at “low levels” like FL070 or so, check the links in my post above.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Are you referring to UK ATC silently killing flight plan or clearance when you go outside controlled airspace? well remember that Dutch ATC (not FIS) will bin away any flight plan that transit from outside controlled aisrpace into Alpha bellow FL60 even if it validates (unless you are landing in Rotterdam), they will also cancel clearance bellow 3kft when you are not on routes or radars

They are are not silent tough, they tell you this face to face: they don’t silently kill your plan or clearance, they slaughter it

Last Edited by Ibra at 08 Jun 16:06
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

All on that link. An issue when entering UK IFR below CAS or “too low for London Control to want to deal with it”.

Administrator

I hope to be quite a bit higher over the North Sea. I’ll check out the post anyway…

EHTE, Netherlands

Hi @Bobo,

I have the same kind of trip planned ( NL <→ UK ), did you end up doing both GenDec and GAR? Or does the GenDec.eu site forward the info to UK?
Thanks!

EHLE, Netherlands

Or does the GenDec.eu site forward the info to UK?

Definitely it won’t.

Does GenDec.eu actually do anything? Came up before e.g. here. I wonder if it is like the EU declaration website for coronavirus, which practically nobody connected into.

Administrator

Well I used it both ways and I’m pretty sure the borderforce was up to date. Leaving NL and coming back the marechaussee was waiting for me. In the UK nothing, in- and outbound.

EHTE, Netherlands

While it’s Netherlands only, I am not sure how UKBF, HMRC or Special Branch will get your GAR out of GENDEC.eu? does it forward to the NCU? or each agency individually? did they change the distribution list after Brexit?

I know it’s “technically possible” according to their website but I would not count on it

AutoRouter/OnlineGAR API, Gov.uk website, or NCU email…gets you a confirmation

Last Edited by Ibra at 11 Jul 13:55
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message