Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

New light aircraft handling company on the Isle of Man

Anyone who follows these things, may be aware that light aircraft handling on the Isle of Man has been problematic (and expensive) in recent years.

This is all set to change now that a nice chap called Mark Langley has set up a company specifically to to handle light aircraft at Ronaldsway.

Don’t think he has a website yet, but all his contact details are here:

https://www.linkedin.com/company/3legs-aviation-services-ltd/

The Isle of Man is a wonderful place to visit in the Summer and it’s just a short hop across the sea from Blackpool.

If you want somehere nice to stay, I’d recommend The George in Castletown.

https://www.thegeorge.im/

It’s six minutes in a taxi, ten minutes on the bus of a ‘brisk’ twenty minute walk from the airport. Ask for Karen and she’ll make sure you’re well looked after :)

Last Edited by Julian at 29 May 09:27
EGNS, EGKB, EGCV, United Kingdom

Is that the same as this?

According to SD reports, that place – despite its name – does light aircraft handling for very moderate money.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 29 May 10:30
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Julian wrote:

This is all set to change now that a nice chap called Mark Langley has set up a company specifically to to handle light aircraft at Ronaldsway.

Best news this week, thanks

Does anyone have a contact for Mark other than linkedin?

United Kingdom

I have flown in twice this year both times used private jet company, about £60 for a non commercial flight. Paid to the ops team in cash only.

Fuel paid direct to the fueler.

PPR via email or phone. Nice waiting and briefing room or pilots lounge. And free snacks.

White Waltham, United Kingdom

Just spoken to Mark, details are:
07555 135443
[email protected]

Boscomantico, no, different, but he is/was involved with them……and the snacks weren’t supposed to be free:-))
Mark used to be involved with GA handling at the flying club on area W.

He has just subscribed to EuroGA and will probably be able to supply more information here when he can post(24 hrs)

Last Edited by PeteD at 29 May 22:42
EGNS, Other

Good morning all

First off, big thanks to Julian, PeteD and the rest of the IOM based GA community for their support in this venture.

A bit about me, though I suspect I’ve probably met a good few of you previously.

2016-2019 I ran the flying school and light aircraft handling service on the southside of EGNS, the goal being to provide value for money and good old fashioned customer service.

2019 I left the flying school with the intention of taking a break but instead ended up at the Private Jet Company.

The next 2 years, well we don’t need to talk about those, but unfortunately it was the demise of the flying school and as such, any facility for visiting GA in the IOM.

EGNS is mandatory handling for visitors so, a few of us tried to accommodate through the jet centre as best we could, though the Jet Centre Business model and associated costs were never made to accommodate light aircraft. Unfortunately a few took advantage shall we say, attention was drawn from above, and we had to stop.

Hence, 3Legs Aviation Services Ltd was born. I am passionate about GA, it’s the most fun I’ve had in my 27 years of aviation covering a variety of roles, and I love the IOM and want as many to experience it as possible in the most hassle free way.

Now undoubtably there will be discussions about handling fees, if I could do it for free, I assure you I would but, EGNS is a fully commercial airport that has costs and requirements that I have to meet, none of which comes to me for free. I have to meet high insurance liabilities and undergo regular training to be compliant to operate.

My fees are set to cover costs, not make a living, the more who come, the cheaper I can make it, and that is my goal.

Anyway, that’s me and what I’m trying to do, happy to answer any and all questions, and really hope I can welcome you to the IOM at some point this summer.

Thanks for having me here 😊

United Kingdom

So, what are your fees?

ELLX

First 2 hours parking are free so:

Under 1000kg £35, £40 with 24 hours parking.
1001 to 2000kg £45, £50 with 24 hours parking
2001-3000kg £60, £65 with 24 hours parking

Anything bigger, we’d need to discuss because I don’t have much space.

Additional parking £5 per 24 hours or part thereof.

That’s fully inclusive of landing fee, handling fee, parking fee where applicable and VAT.

United Kingdom

That’s outside of the TT period of course, which is way more work for me, but prices aren’t that much higher, but don’t ask me about TT, I’m already full 🤣

United Kingdom

What part of EGNS is the operation? Area W?

Andreas IOM
12 Posts
Sign in to add your message