Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EDDL now charges for setting up 4 mandatory safety cones around each aircraft

Unfortunately I had to fly to EDDL and thanks to you guys was prepared for their conehead business. I’d say the stupidity is only topped by the butt heads in EDHL, but have to admit – Monty Python is a sh*t compared to German airports and GA. Thank you guys for the story ahead, otherwise I might have shot these monkeys right away.

Germany

Last week, when landed at EDDL I tried to achieve a cheaper solution by bringing with me my own cones. See picture:

But it was not accepted due of a different specification regarding the heights of the cones. You can see it, when you are looking on the picture and compare the cones in front of the Bonanza and the ones of the Cessna in the background:

This is the spec and it says in the second paragraph:

Making safe one parked aircraft has to be ensured by the aircraft owner/operator.
To make it safe, at least four guide cones (Lübecker hat/rubber hats) should be used according to BAST approval with a minimum height of 750 mm, Type 2, Class III, film type B, or alternatively four lamps (minimum luminous intensity 10 candela (cdlm7]).

I‘m now waiting on the answer of Jet Aviation, if they would accept me to buy some cones and keep them in between my visits. If yes I will negotiate that a number of named aircrafts from other pilots may use them as well.

I will keep you informed if there is any positive progress.

EDDS , Germany

eddsPeter wrote:

I‘m now waiting on the answer of Jet Aviation, if they would accept me to buy some cones and keep them in between my visits. If yes I will negotiate that a number of named aircrafts from other pilots may use them as well.

Peter, if you pull this off, I will happily contribute towards those cones.

Hungriger Wolf (EDHF), Germany

Patrick wrote:

Peter, if you pull this off, I will happily contribute towards those cones.

eddsPeter wrote:

If they accept this, what cones and where can they be purchased? I’ll keep some in the UK so we can fight back this Pro-European money making scheme, in the guise of safety rubbish.

Last Edited by pilotrobbie at 26 Jul 16:19
Qualified PPL with IR SP/SE PBN
EGSG, United Kingdom

If you really want to make a point, there’s no maximum cone height 😆

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

Those cones may also be the lesser evil.

2.6.1 says that they can at any time require you to move your aircraft to another parking spot. If you aren‘t reachable or don‘t comply in time, they can move it for you and charge you for the effort….. which I also assume means charging to move the cones.

LSZK, Switzerland

Capitaine wrote:

If you really want to make a point, there’s no maximum cone height 😆
Hungriger Wolf (EDHF), Germany

If you really want to make a point, there’s no maximum cone height

Funny, when I was what Peter quoted, my thoughts we that there was no maximum brightness for the light option

I’m picturing 4 massively bright lights that could cause havoc

EIWT Weston, Ireland

eddsPeter wrote:

I will keep you informed if there is any positive progress.

Any luck as I’d like to revisit again this Autumn?

Qualified PPL with IR SP/SE PBN
EGSG, United Kingdom
29 Posts
Sign in to add your message