Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Amusement parks with good accessibility by plane

Blackpool Pleasure Beach

Thanks for the suggestion, not sure how I missed that? as they say, if you can’t make Ibiza go to Blackpool

PS: I landed there but only to rent car for Lake District, surely I will be back again…

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

The Lake District is the only good thing about Blackpool town. Top of my list of places not to go back to. Just in front of Clacton.

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands
  • On my bucket list but not verified yet is the Universe Park in Denmark, which seems to be pretty accessible both via Sonderborg EKSB and Nordborg EKNB.
  • Of course in Denmark, you can fly to Copenhagen/Roskilde and be in Tivoli in no time.
  • Sierksdorf EDXT is not far from Hansapark – which has at least one pretty decent rollercoaster to offer.
Hungriger Wolf (EDHF), Germany

EHLE has a very nice aviation museum for kids and adults alike. My kids around the age of six then, loved it. Visit the pilotshop while you are there… Went to Legoland (EKBI) too and that ranked very high as well.

EHTE, Netherlands

Peter_Mundy wrote:

The Lake District is the only good thing about Blackpool town. Top of my list of places not to go back to. Just in front of Clacton.

It’s funny, I quite enjoy a day trip to Blackpool. Easy flight for us, very accecssible from the airport, and we do the cheesy seaside stuff. If we want to be fancy we get the bus to St. Anne’s (there’s a place we really like for lunch there).

Last Edited by alioth at 06 Apr 10:49
Andreas IOM

Many, many good suggestions so far. We are already in the process of working off the list. We have done the Europa Park so far, one of the few trips where the flight wasn’t the biggest cost item. We used Lahr EDTL to get there.

Another park not on the list: Skyline Park in Bad Wörishofen. The rollercoaster-heavy park is barely out of EDNH’s traffic pattern. All it takes to get there is a 10 minutes taxi drive.

EDQH, Germany

For something different, fly to Sion LSGS and go surfing. Yes, surfing. Has the newest wave pool in Europe believe it or not. https://alaiabay.ch/en/

Upper Harford private strip UK, near EGBJ, United Kingdom

Another one, though on the smaller side: Karls (in German correctly written without apostrophe) Erdbeer Hof Rövershagen . Went there by car without realizing that Purkshof EDCX (1000 metre-ish grass) is just across the road. The park is quite new and neatly done. It feels a little bit like a strawberry themed Ikea with some carousels strewn in. Fun fact for pilots: On one carousel, the seats have wings attached which can be controlled like an aileron to make the seat spin around. It also features a large collection of ice sculptures. Unfortunately there were smokers everywhere (this is typical for Eastern Germany) which spoiled the visit a bit.

EDQH, Germany

Plopsaland is one of the best Belgium theme parks and it’s 30 min away from Oostende-Bruge Airport EBOS.

EGSU, United Kingdom

I remember, someone posted trip report about that a while ago.

EDQH, Germany
20 Posts
Sign in to add your message