Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

La Rochelle LFBH Fly-In 14/15 May 2022

This fly-in appears to be cancelled. Some people are AOGd, the telegram group has gone silent (it often does, however ) and nobody is posting here.

I might pop down there anyway; wx looks good. If anyone is going and wants to meet up, send me a PM or email.

I think the crazy 48hr PN has put most people off. Apart from the general stupidity it means that if you cannot depart on a given day (due to wx, etc) you cannot depart the next day either because you have to give 48hr PN

Discussion of La Rochelle 48hr PN moved here

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Wx looks ok for next weekend.

Is anyone going who isn’t in the telegram group? 16 people in there but zero appear to be actually going.

No response from the airport on any concession on the 48hr PN.

I suggest we cancel this one unless a certain number come forward positively. There is some interest in a different date.

Post-CV19, organising meetups has become almost impossible.

Administrator

I don’t know whether it is good or bad, only that when you asked to put the message about to French pilots, most said they were busy with open days or other club events.

France

Is that good or bad?
We will run with this date anyway. Already have 15 people in the telegram group so it is pretty sure to be a good meetup.

Administrator

That weekend many French clubs are holding events such as open days. At least they are in Western France.

France

The fuel is actually the top left corner of your “fuel hut rectangular marker. On the white tarmac.

Abeam the Flying Dream
EBKT, western Belgium, Belgium

It doesn’t matter to me. I used to have space in the hangar next to the club hangar.
Back then the fuel pumps were in the piece of tarmac now marked with X.

France

Gas pump is in front of the aéroclub.

LFMD, France

If it matters, give them a call

AND spread the word on French social media please

Administrator

Are you sure that is the fuel hut?
Last time I was there it was much nearer the GA parking area.
What you have marked is an ATO which used to be called Aunis Air.
Jet fuel is delivered by truck but they don’t like driving on the grass so you need to get the aircraft quite close to the tarmac in front of the club and hangars.

Last Edited by gallois at 17 Apr 17:25
France
23 Posts
Sign in to add your message