Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Norderney (EDWG), Borkum (EDWR), and an extra night thrown in for good measure...

I have never had a problem with English at Norderney. The only problem is that for non-Germans it is mainly cash only

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

boscomantico wrote:

My personal favourite is Juist, my least favourite is Borkum.
Fully agree with bosco. Juist has even another special “thing”: They don’t have cars on the island (except firefighters, doctor and police), but instead, do everything with horse-drawn carriages. Even the garbage disposal and “bus” from town to the airfield.
Switzerland

Can you rent bikes at the airport at Juist?

EBMO, EBKT
Switzerland

Frans wrote:

Fully agree with bosco. Juist has even another special “thing”: They don’t have cars on the island (except firefighters, doctor and police), but instead, do everything with horse-drawn carriages. Even the garbage disposal and “bus” from town to the airfield.

Not exclusively special.

Baltrum is the same in that regard, although the distances on Juist make it a bit more attractive to opt for a “taxi” ride instead of just walking.

Hungriger Wolf (EDHF), Germany

Thanks for the info!

Flew from EBMO to EDWY, about a 2h flight each way.
In the morning we flew direct, in the evening we followed the coastline back to Belgium.
English on the radio was not a problem, the lady at the tower was very friendly.

No bikes left at the airport so we took the bus (6 Euro / 10min) to the city. After lunch, we rented a bike in the city (8 Euro) and drove around the island.
Very nice island, but for sure more touristic/crowded compared to the other islands I visited before (Ameland, Wangerooge, Borkum).
Perfect daytrip!

EBMO, EBKT

Nice! It‘s more a matter of season though. Beginning of August, all these islands are hooving. That is when almost all regions of Germany have „Sommerferien“.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany
17 Posts
Sign in to add your message