Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

VFR London to Andorra (EuroGA fly-in October 2021)

Great story, @Winston!

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Great trip report @Winston which I’ve thoroughly enjoyed reading! Kudos to you and to the capable “little” 172 😉

Last Edited by Dino at 25 Oct 17:31

Extremely well done Winston, and such a pity we could not meet up! No doubt you’ll show up on the next fly-in, however far that may be from home

Last Edited by aart at 25 Oct 17:29
Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Well done.

Nice pic of Sète there, on your way from Montpellier to Béziers.

Wait until you fly with or three PoB and fuel fuel, plus maybe in summer, and you‘ll see that the C172 is a rather poor performer, so keep your margins. Of course, having 180hp helps.

The point of getting an IFR qualification is not so much being able to file IFR, because as you see, flying VFR is not as bad as some people make it. It‘s to being comfortable climbing on top when VFR and knowing that you will safely your way back down.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

@Winston, great report and so inspiring. Hopefully soon I will have access to an aircraft that could be used for longer trips without the need to prebook it months in advance. Really want to get into such trips ☺️

LOWI,LIPB, Italy

Winston, remarkable trip for such a low time pilot. That puts you in the 1% of 1% of new pilots for enterprise, skill and planning. Keep it up. Once you have the IR you will discover a dirty little secret. Long distance flying becomes MUCH easier.

Upper Harford private strip UK, near EGBJ, United Kingdom

It was so very nice to read an account of a long (ish) VFR trip on here. I’ve flown the 172 on many long flights VFR and have not found it tiring, or for that matter boring. Thanks so much, Winston!

EGBW / KPRC, United Kingdom
27 Posts
Sign in to add your message