Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

A couple of crazy "local" trips during coronavirus lockdown

I don’t think they sit there watching FR24, but probably somebody else is doing that. Every country has some sort of traffic monitoring for national security purposes.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

I was expecting a heavy police presence on return but got none, and I am sure the reason was that they saw EGKA as the start and EGKA as the end and since they have no way to plot a filed flight plan route (who has?) they probably never realised I was going so far out of the UK.

Are you saying that they are not 24/7 monitoring FR24? ;)

(and never meant that it would be unsafe, just nutty in general.. hehe)

Well, yes, the two flights were nutty as a fruitcake but they were safe in the aviation sense; any proper crap might have happened to me if I had to land somewhere.

I was expecting a heavy police presence on return but got none, and I am sure the reason was that they saw EGKA as the start and EGKA as the end and since they have no way to plot a filed flight plan route (who has?) they probably never realised I was going so far out of the UK.

Administrator

Thanks for sharing! Fantastic write up (and also make me wonder if we are all a bit nutty in this forum to think this is completely normal things to do hehe.. )

Finally I found the time to write these up properly, with pics and videos – here.

Administrator

I am linking these here because the reports ended up hidden in the “Alps photos” thread:

Shoreham EGKA to Jungfrau Mönch and Eiger and back nonstop

Shoreham EGKA to Mt Blanc and back nonstop

Administrator
6 Posts
Sign in to add your message