Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Almost made it to France...

As an army brat, I lived in Pirmasens between 1953 and 1956. Only been back once. Interesting to see the area from the air.

KUZA, United States

Yes, STEC-50 and it always used to work fine. Don‘t know exactly why it was sold by the previous owner. Looks like Michael Chartier has been trying to sell it for over a year now. I guess that the more low end aircraft on N-reg are getting rather more difficult to sell now in Europe, whilst for more advanced aircraft, N-reg remains fairly popular.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

@boscomantico
115 KTAS is pretty good. Do you know why it was sold? Not enough demand?
Does the Autopilot work well? Looks like it even has ALT hold?

Last Edited by Snoopy at 02 Oct 08:21
always learning
LO__, Austria

Good catch. Well, it has always been that way, just below redline on the gauge. Thanks for the pointers.

Looks like a nice Cherokee and certainly a nice trip.

Is it the engine oil pressure indication that looks to be at redline? I’ve seen two non-obvious things leading to that situation: a revised and higher oil pressure regulator setting implemented on a replacement engine, or a subtly broken gauge. In my case it ended up being the latter: the indication on my similar old Stewart Warner strip gauge moved up over a number of flights until it read redline in cruise, the result of the soft soldered Bourdon tube mounting cracking from long term vibration.

This one is a late model, and has wheel fairings and a cruise prop. At the optimum altitudes (6-8k) it is good for 115KTAS at 32 lph.

Yes it is seen as quite a scandal in France.
Beautiful pics as usual !
The plane looks great on planecheck. What is a typical cruise speed ?

LFOU, France

Coincidentally, as of tonight, the adjacent Département Moselle will be considered an „area of variant of concern“ by Germany. Link

Nice little trip Bosco!

Switzerland

@boscomantico wrote:

I wonder when @eddsPeter and me will be done showcasing all the places in Germany…

You are right. Last week we have been at EDFB, Reichelsheim with our foldable bike to tour around a bit. Nearly no inflight photos, due of a defect SD card. But on ground we got a big fish, a stork and a happy bathing dog with our smartphones.

And the taxiway was a bit wet.

EDDS , Germany
13 Posts
Sign in to add your message