Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Local flight turns out to be 701 nm long

Nice flight, thanks for taking us along!

EHTE, Netherlands

Great trip. Thanks for sharing.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

@RobertL18C wrote:

did you manage some kind of pre heat?

No, the Bonnie was parked in the hangar and so it was okay to do a regular startup. And with the stop at EDWQ the engine had no time to cool down.

@lbra wrote:

How many pictures & frequencies one can have in a local flight ?

This is pure math: 700 nm / 300 pics = 2,3 nm per pic so every 0,92 minutes you have to take a picture assuming 150 knots groundspeed. As we where on an relaxed cruise this was not to far from our real speed. My wife has had still time to take some pictures with her iPhone and send them via WhatsApp to her friends in between.

Last Edited by eddsPeter at 16 Feb 19:36
EDDS , Germany

That’s a proper local flight !

Antonio
LESB, Spain

@eddsPeter great flight and great aircraft, did you manage some kind of pre heat?

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

How many picrures & frequencies one can have in a local flight ?

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

@aart wrote:

Flying over snow definitively is a bonus which we don’t get over here in the South.

Even for us it is unusual to fly over snow covered islands. So the winter offered us a bonus this year and we took advantage of it and did this trip. All in all we took around 300 photos on this single flight. This was our personal record.

EDDS , Germany

Very nice Peter, thanks for posting. Flying over snow definitively is a bonus which we don’t get over here in the South. I miss it!

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

eddsPeter wrote:

as the Bonnies heater isn‘t the best.

Great pictures! On our old plane I once did try the 2500rpm 75% power setting and it made the plane not go so much faster but made a big difference for the heating…

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

Seems like a Bonnie is a great sightseer, thanks for the pictures and taking us along.

always learning
LO__, Austria
11 Posts
Sign in to add your message