Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Airports between Geneva and Lausanne

The question is if the Annemasse arrival/walk to the rental company/traffic to Palexpo just eats up the time it would take to do Lausanne/taxi/train.

If going for Lausanne how would you best do the IFR-VFR transition?
When we go into LOIH at the Bodensee, we can get pretty low altitudes over the water to get through and continue VFR. However the mountains are a lot higher around the Lake of Geneva.

spirit49
LOIH

Annemasse town traffic per se is pretty bad, the aerodrome is in the middle of what has become a very busy commercial and industrial area. Traffic around Geneva during the show is horrendous. Getting a parking spot around Palexpo can be a challenge too.

If doing IFR – VFR, depending on ceilings, you do the ILS letdown then fly over the lake to Lausanne.

If doing IFR – VFR, depending on ceilings, you do the ILS letdown then fly over the lake to Lausanne.

Thats a pretty long dogleg if you need to go all the way down, then back up again.
If the approach is from the south, then its even worse….. Hmmm.

How low will they let you IFR over the lake?

spirit49
LOIH

The TMA is at 3500 ft all the way to SPR more or less.

I just checked the Jeppesen for LSGG.
The Radar minima over the lake is 4000.
So that should require a ceiling of about 2600AGL then…..Not too bad

Last Edited by spirit49 at 17 Feb 15:59
spirit49
LOIH

I just checked the slots for LSGG and except the first week end of the show there seem to be plenty of slots available. I went through a similar process a few years ago for a meeting and LSGG was not that bad after all. I remember paying something like 65 Euro for landing and parking.

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

Did you have to pay the handler anything for getting you the SLOT?

Im just wondering of I should start rolling the ball now, even though its not a 100% we are going.

spirit49
LOIH

Did you have to pay the handler anything for getting you the SLOT?

You can get the slots yourself here

LSZK, Switzerland

The access you are about to request is only granted to regular users of our Airport. If you are not operating on a regular basis, we will kindly ask you to contact one of our four Handling Agent in Geneva (ref. AIP Switzerland AD 2.20.3.2.2) in order to get your PPR slot.
In any case you still have the possibility of checking the availability on a specific date and according to that, to adapt your flight program. In order to achieve this, click on the “Search” button.

spirit49
LOIH

There’s also a number you can call. I’ll look it up.

Sign in to add your message