Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Blackpool EGNH

alioth wrote:

You can also get the train from Squires Gate (easy walking distance from the airport) to Lancaster if you can’t do it during Avis opening hours. It takes about 1hr on the train via Preston.

That’s exactly what I want to avoid I want to land at Blackpool, rent a car, drive to Lancaster, come back few days later and fly back home. If I have to get the train to Lancaster to rent a car then I don’t need a car

Last Edited by Emir at 27 Jan 20:21
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Emir wrote:

If I have to get the train to Lancaster to rent a car then I don’t need a car

Well, that was kind of my point :-) It might not be necessary to go to the expense and hassle of having a car for a few days if you’re visiting someone close enough to Lancaster.

Last Edited by alioth at 28 Jan 10:21
Andreas IOM

alioth wrote:

It might not be necessary to go to the expense and hassle of having a car for a few days if you’re visiting someone close enough to Lancaster.

Train tickets for two persons plus some bus tickets to campus plus maybe some tickets for trip to somewhere near by will be more than rental car fee and fuel. Depending on trains it can be 60€ per person in one direction which easily covers 6 days of renting a car. But generally, the comfort of having car available can’t be compared with relying on public transportation schedule. Cost of flying from Croatia to UK and airport fees totally dwarf any other expense.

Last Edited by Emir at 28 Jan 16:47
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Renting a train to Lancaster would be an overkill

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom
14 Posts
Sign in to add your message