Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Sion LSGS

Beautiful!

I went to LSGS many years ago; also in the summer. Really spectacular.

Interesting the ski lifts are running. Are they controlling how many people go in them?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

No control but it was not very crowded, so there were few people in a cabin. Mask was mandatory.

Jean
EBST, Belgium

I plan LSGS tomorrow.
I heard it was not mandatory to arrive from a customs airport anymore if you don’t have goods to declare.
Can someone confirm this ?

Jean
EBST, Belgium

I was there 2 days ago.
You need to submit a form to ops if you come from outside of Switzerland.

I would ask them then. Though not this time last i came there from a custom/non immigration airport from france I made sure from the French airport sent me confirmation from the custom it was ok. They confirmed it and said they would not come.

my understanding from the country you leave you need to be on a custom airport (if shenghen) to go to Switzerland.
So I think getting confirmation in writing your plan is ok from both side is worth it if it deviates from that

EGTF, United Kingdom
Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Just to make clear, after the posts regarding customs on EU side have been moved: The mentioned form for LSGS is only required for immigration, hence flying from/to a non-Schengen country. Since Belgium is within Schengen, no further formalities besides an FPL are required.

Switzerland

Thank you for your answers.
I did fly from EBST to LSGS on Sept 6 and back to EBST on Sept 7. I mailed them the day before and they registered my reservation .
I flew VFR at FL115 down and VFR FL120 back. Took me only 2h30 down and 2h17 back, really a big benefit without customs stop.
Sion is very GA friendly.
Cost me 20€ for landing, 35€ for handling and 6€ for parking TTC. Fuel is 3€/liter.
I stayed at Nandaz in a friends flat sitting just at the ski-lift station. A hint for winter ski flying !

Jean
EBST, Belgium

Looking closer to my airport bill, it looks like the 35€ are not handling but labeled “Skyguide”. Seems to be an ATC fee and it is not detailed. I did 2 landings and 2 take off’s (a local flight before returning).

Jean
EBST, Belgium

Yes, Skyguide is the Swiss ATC company. Each approach is charged with a certain fee, depending on your MTOW. The prices you mention seem to be in CHF, so I guess in EUR it’s a bit higher.

Switzerland
29 Posts
Sign in to add your message