Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

An Extra 500 was parked there - a rare sight

Is that Zlin right from Extra?

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Details sent.

Administrator

Hi Coolhand,

I live ten minutes from LFDI and would be very happy to help with lifts between the airport and St Emilion...

Refuelling no prob, I have the key to the club house and the pump

Please contact Peter for my email address / mobile 'phone number

Bordeaux

I'm planning a last minute day trip for tomorrow. LFDI seems a good destination, just to have lunch and visit Saint Emilion. It's easy to get a taxi to go from the airport to the town? Maybe somebody has a phone number of any taxi in the area? And what about refueling? Other option would be La Rochelle. It's easier/quicker to go into town? Refueling seems easier having a BP station.

LECU - Madrid, Spain

Nice report Peter.

When I'm up to it, I fancy doing a flight down to a great surf venue I used to frequent at Biscarosse, which is approx 1 hour south of Bordeaux. Lousy drive from memory, but I'm sure it would be a nice flight!

Without Jojo doing the English-language ATC I would have probably diverted to Bergerac

Administrator

Nice trip report!

EDLE, Netherlands

Well, I'm very proud to see Libourne appear in one of your famous trip reports, Peter!

I certainly enjoyed showing you around the area and hope more of you who fly into La Rochelle will pop down and see us in Libourne - just an hour further south and a very easy airfield to use as I think Peter will confirm...

I took another forum member flying this morning in our 2-seater Aquila. A quick tour of the Bay of Arcachon...we came rather close to a posh PC-12 from Geneva who was obviously doing a bit of sightseeing, too. I hope none of the pax spilt their champagne.

Bordeaux
11 Posts
Sign in to add your message