Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Textron buying out Pipistrel

johnh wrote:

Neat, but the poor thing has so little autonomy that they couldn’t fly it to Nice, 12 nautical miles away! It had to stop twice to get here from Avignon, a 45 minute flight away.

Really?

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

I understand that the school at EHTE plans 45 minutes lessons which gives a 30 minutes reserve

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

https://www.avweb.com/aviation-news/textron-completed-235-million-purchase-of-pipistrel/

So Textron pays the shareholders of Pipistrel a lot of money, certainly much more than I would have guessed. Good for them (assuming there are more than just Ivo B), they must have worked hard and experienced several ups and downs over the last 20 years!

Additionally, Textron claims to invest into the company.

It looks like this may in the end be very good for Pipistrel, provided they retain the talent and entrepreneurial spirit of the company, which is always a question mark. Likely a large sum of money will be paid out to the key players/shareholders based on meeting certain metrics over the years to come. So let’s hope that the company as such will continue to prosper, and that Textron can make use of the its technology in other areas, which must indeed be a large part of the justification to pay such a big sum.

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Rather mind boggling how Textron ever will receive the value for this investment. One Velis electro costs what? 300k perhaps. Perhaps they can use some bits and pieces for their biz jets?

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

It would totally amaze me if Pipistrel had enough (what is fashionably called) “IP” to be worth 235M. I mean real unique IP, underpinned by real solid patents.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

seeing what happened to Columbia after they were bought out by Cessna I am not enthusiastic for Pipistrel. But at least its sharholders have managed to get a real good return of investment.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

They might be able to buy it back. :-)
A guy in Australia got an offer-he-couldn’t refuse for his business.
The buyer got rid of the staff, and the customers. It went bankrupt.
He bought it back, contacted his former employees, and got his customers back. But now with no debt.
Once again, he got an offer-he-couldn’t refuse for his business.
Once again the buyer got rid of the staff, and the customers. It went bankrupt.
The last news report I saw had him possibly buying the bankrupt business.
Buyers were investment funds

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

Ivo Boscarol is donating €25M of the proceeds to the local town. The majority is for a medical centre with air ambulance, and €1M for an aviation museum. From Lokalne Ajdovščina. It looks like he’s also giving smaller amounts to e.g. the local school.

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

Airborne_Again18-Mar-22 14:0621
johnh wrote:
Neat, but the poor thing has so little autonomy that they couldn’t fly it to Nice, 12 nautical miles away! It had to stop twice to get here from Avignon, a 45 minute flight away.
Really?

Only just saw this. Yes, really. Of course it could fly the 12nm, but they were concerned about if it had to hold for an arriving jet, since you wouldn’t really want to tell a 320 to slow down to 70 knots to follow it.

LFMD, France
29 Posts
Sign in to add your message