Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Subscribing to Service Bulletins and Letters

Hello,

Do you know if and where it is possible to subscribe to SBs and SLs from “our” manufacturers?

For Cessna, you can create an account and subscribe here for free:
https://support.cessna.com/custsupt/csupport/newlogin.jsp

Any others? Lycoming? Continental?

This information will be very important to aircraft owners when Part-ML is coming and the owner can choose to take more responsibility.

ESSZ, Sweden

Fly310 wrote:

Any others? Lycoming?

You can find those here

Fly310 wrote:

This information will be very important to aircraft owners when Part-ML is coming and the owner can choose to take more responsibility.

I think the documentation part is highly underestimated. Sure enough it is good to have a look at SB, SL etc at all manufuctures (airframe, engine, prop and components such as magneto’s, starters, alternator, avionics etc). You would also need to have up to date documentation suchs as service manuals for this kind of equipment.

For some aircraft, suchs as for example Diamond this is easy as it publically available. For others you will need expensive subscriptions. This is also the main reason why many companies have subscriptions at companies which offer complete libraries, which are kept up to date at all times.

For sure you can take more responsibility though I think it would make sense to keep a good relationship with a maintenance shop, and have some influenance from them as well. These are the people with hands on experiance, and give valueable information. When your going for the bare minimum it will be more expensive of the long run. For example Cessna 172 subscription is 1500 USD/year. This does not include powerplant, component etc manuals.

JP-Avionics
EHMZ

Continental used to have an owner’s sign-in, but seemed to stop it after the (last?) takeover.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

Jesse wrote:

I think the documentation part is highly underestimated.

+1 !

Jesse wrote:

These are the people with hands on experiance, and give valueable information.

Unfortunately, there are way tooooo many Techs that don’t take the time to read the SB’s et al. the relevant publications. Recent example is my thread “Trust , but Verify !” where I was shocked to learn that the mechanics actually performing the compression checks (in a big & reputable shop) had never READ TCM SB 03-3 and had NO IDEA what a Master Orifice is …

FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

Michael wrote:

and had NO IDEA what a Master Orifice is

I would think he had some idea. If it was a remotely correct idea, that’s another question

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

It gets a bit silly when you have say the Socata TB MM/IPC which Socata published via ATP who then charged something of the order of $1000/year, and you got a CD a month for that.

But Socata didn’t apply any edits to the stuff after 2005 (piston manufacture de facto ceased around 2002) so the Feb 2006 CD which appeared on Ebay (briefly, till the seller got busted, but not before lots of people got one) is the latest there is.

Unfortunately Socata didn’t give ATP anything beyond poor resolution scans of most of the stuff, so a lot of the stuff is not readable. I documented some here (search for “incomplete”).

Then Socata didn’t supply to ATP most of the wiring diagrams for the GT model (S/N 2000+)…

But you are supposed to have the subscription for this ATP CD to legally maintain TB aircraft!

So you pay the $1000/year and you have the farcical situation of having received an identical CD every month since 2005 i.e. 130+ identical CDs, which go straight in the bin because they are all the same

Consequently most of the smaller maint firms don’t pay for the stuff because the cost would be ridiculous across all the different types on which they work, and just keep one CD which they got from somewhere (usually I gave it to them, back when I used firms to do the work).

I managed to obtain the complete set of TB GT manuals in hard copy, printed in high resolution, from a former dealer far far away…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

For Cirrus, I just go to the website – support and enter the serial number; then I can select from the drop down menu for all applicable SBs and ADs…. I don’t understand why others can’t do the same…..

edit: new ones are highlighted gold so I can see any recent ones from the past 60 days or so…..

Last Edited by Steve6443 at 27 Nov 19:44
EDL*, Germany
7 Posts
Sign in to add your message