Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

35-years old candidate

Hello everybody.

It would be a dream for me to become a plane pilot in Europe (my idea is to course integrated ATPL) and I have some important questions which are not so clear for me. I hope somebody can help me.

I am 35 years-old and my height is 162 cm. If I apply to a cadet program, do you think my age or my height can be an important handicap?

I have checked the Internet, but I have not found the chance to pass a cadet program exam. I know that, for example, Ryanair has hired more than 800 pilots this year, but do you know how many people applied approximately? I guess a lot because I have read that the unemployment rate in Europe is around 15%.

In case I could not access to a cadet program, would it be easy to get a job out of an airline to gain hours? An example, cargo planes. It would be OK for me to go out of Europe for some years if needed.

If I get, let’s say, 1500 hours by piloting a cargo plane, would these hours be useful to get a job at an airline or you always need type hours (A320 and so on)?

Thank you very much for your help.

I don’t know about height but a good friend of mine got accepted onto the BA Future Pilot programme at that age and is now flying the A320 for them.

Andreas IOM
2 Posts
Sign in to add your message