Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Mountain ratings, Altiports, Altisurfaces, and the Ratings

Seems like that want to avoid people taking the training in a C172 and then crash a PA46 there.

This will completely demolish the reasonably lucrative business of rebuilding PA46s that people have wrecked at Courchevel.

LFMD, France

I just add a look at the new text.
It says same class or same type, C172 and PA46 are the same class (SEP).

LFPT Pontoise, LFPB

The aerovfr article says:

Cette autorisation est limitée à l’avion de la classe ou du type présentant des performances
similaires à l’avion sur lequel a été effectuée et sanctionné la formation ou le complément
de formation.

That‘s what I was referring to.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Thank you for posting. It is the usual mess, the actual idea was good but the text is unclear and causes issues:

The definition of what a similar aircraft might be is completely unclear. For a 747 captain a C172 and the PA46 piston are the same. Both tiny SEP things while for others they are not. I think it would be better to have hard criteria like for example Vref ranges.

For many types of aircraft no qualified instructors will be available making it impossible to obtain the required training. As we did discuss the PA46 there seems to exist no P46T qualified instructors.

They do not write how all the old site qualifications are supposed to be carried over. The old site authorizations do not even mention the aircraft type used for training. In the past everybody did the training in C172 or similar but then many have been flying all kinds of planes for years. What happens in those case?

Everything seems to relate to the site qualification only. The actual mountain rating seems to remain unchanged and valid for all types of aircraft.

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

The UK CAA web page for ratings includes the Mountain Rating. It says that training and renewal must be done in a ‘UK-approved DTO’. Is there such a thing? There must be a few UK pilots who had MOU on their UK EASA licences? Maybe @Jacko knows more? If I ever do the rating, I’d want it on both UK and EASA licences.

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

Does anyone have a current contact who does the Courchevel specific rating and / or the MOU rating? Alex Combes seemed to be the go-to instructor but I don’t seem to be able to reach him. thanks

The Megève aero club can do both. That’s where I did my MOU. They are friendly, have plenty of D140s, and the restaurant serves a decent lunch.

There are also MOU instructors and sustenance at Gap and Annemasse.

Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

Site rating should only take an hour if you do some homework. The MOU takes much longer.

Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

Jacko wrote:

The Megève aero club can do both. That’s where I did my MOU. They are friendly, have plenty of D140s, and the restaurant serves a decent lunch.

There are also MOU instructors and sustenance at Gap and Annemasse.

great thanks

Doesn’t the Courcheval specific rating have to be done in the aircraft you are going to use there?
If that is the case you may have to ask if one of the club instructors knows your aircraft type and is prepared to do it in your aircraft.
The D140 is ubiquitous as are Rallyes.

France
Sign in to add your message