Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Options to finish my BIR

joanplanas wrote:

The module specified in paragraph (c)(2)i) shall be completed first. The modules specified in paragraphs (c)(2)(ii) and (c)(2)(iti), and, if applicable, (c)(2)(iv), may be
completed in an order chosen by the applicant.
always learning
LO__, Austria

Thank you Snoopy, I missed that part. Then it’s clear that I can finish the training with my own instructor, as I have Module 1 and 2 completed at the ATO.
I hope this situation is also helpful to anybody who is thinking about doing the BIR, it gives you good flexibility!

It’s great to receive so much help from all of you, I appreciate it!

EHLE, Netherlands

joanplanas wrote:

IFR RT,

I am curious about this. I saw already some ATOs mentioning that as part of BIR training. But as I pasted above, the licensing authority in NL does not ask for any R/T certificate. Also, I can not find (not an expert, I know) any info on regulations. Then again, the R/T cert I had for PPL says “VFR”….
So I am curious, is this on EASA regs or is this some NAA or ATO rule? How does it work for “regular” IR or CB/IR?

EHLE, Netherlands

Here you get your R/T by using the radio during your flight test with examiner. It comes as part of the package.
ELP is a separate thing and has nothing to do with R/T but you do need it to fly IFR in France (regulation not practical).
Your licence will carry a “competence linguistic IFR and VFR en langue Français level x” (4-6)
And “competence linguistic IFR and VFR in English level x” (4-6)
In the theory one of the 7 exams is communication. You can take that exam like all the others in French or English, although most theory instructors advise you to take it in English as the nuances are clearer.ie the test was probably written in English then translated into French (NB my own assumption)

France

hmng wrote:

I am curious about this. I saw already some ATOs mentioning that as part of BIR training. But as I pasted above, the licensing authority in NL does not ask for any R/T certificate. Also, I can not find (not an expert, I know) any info on regulations. Then again, the R/T cert I had for PPL says “VFR”….
So I am curious, is this on EASA regs or is this some NAA or ATO rule? How does it work for “regular” IR or CB/IR?

I think this one deserves a thread on its own. I also have doubts on how it works.

EHLE, Netherlands
15 Posts
Sign in to add your message