Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

NDB A RWY 13 Dieppe LFAB

Indeed, they are mushrooming faster than magnetic variations
You can’t even “let down” on the open sea without hitting one !

Last Edited by Ibra at 17 Jan 18:28
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Wouldn’t it be nice if we had a facility like that in the UK

Thanks. The replies make sense. All very interesting comments! More than I expected for quite a small airport. But the airport scene and with it the instrument landscape is changing quickly. If I understand well from Ibra’s link, all conventional navigation stations will be decommissioned by 2030 besides few for emergency use.

Yes France has plan to remove all NDB (ENR & IAP) or stop servicing them in 2030, remove all AD VOR, removed 50% of “AFIS ILS”, convert everything to RNP/RNAV, they plan to keep half of ENR VOR (you should receive at least one at 3kft agl) and to have “backup network” with Radar/ILS/DME

https://coceta.org/DGAC/DNSA-strategie_environnementale.pdf

Last Edited by Ibra at 17 Jan 20:58
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

ATS has been gone from Dieppe for a while now, and since the IAP is published, and not NOTAMed unavailable, you could fly it today, if you wanted.

This useful :"EuroGA discussion ":https://www.euroga.org/forums/flying/10954-france-straight-in-ifr-joins-prohibited-a-vfr-circuit-is-mandatory-if-tower-is-unmanned?page=1 reminded us that if you are doing an (unmanned) procedure, like Dieppe, you MUST do a visual inspection first I.e. Go ‘Missed’ on first approach.

Last Edited by Peter_G at 18 Jan 10:32
Rochester, UK, United Kingdom

You don’t have to go missed, if you mean in the procedure terms. If you have good weather just do as you do in VFR. If not you can break off at any time down to circling minima and do what you need to do to get the parameters (as listed in the AIP) and then join the downwind for that runway, ie there is no need to climb back up as you would with the MAP.

France
16 Posts
Sign in to add your message