Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Spring 2021 fly-in proposals

I can suggest ENVA-Trondheim in summer… IFR, Customs, Immigration, long runway, accommodations and nice fjords and mountains around!

ENVA, Norway

Emir wrote:

Spring weather is challenging in the north, so it’s not easy to plan. If you have summer in mind, feel free to suggest.

It’s not as bad as the rumour says. I’ve flown from Uppsala (60°N) to AERO Friedrichshafen in April three times. You get slots so you have to fly on the planned days. All three times I could carry out the flight as planned. (Well, I had to make an intermediate overnight stop on the return leg once, but that was due to bad weather in Germany, not in Scandinavia.)

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

I think N Europe is better done in the summer, not in May or September.

The drawback of “the summer” is that a lot of people are solidly booked with family activities, but it should be possible to find 2 nights off for that.

Sicily looks really nice.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Airborne_Again wrote:

I’ve flown from Uppsala (60°N) to AERO Friedrichshafen in April three times.

I flew to Stockholm (Skavsta ESKN) twice in early May and both times I landed through snow I must admit that following days were both times beautiful and I visited Uppsala as well.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

LFEH,i am pretty sure i can arrive there coming from LFDU.If there is something else to eat than Haggish
But all depend of mrs covid…

LFDU, Belgium

A “celebration of Scottish culture” at Aubigny sounds fun.

As for eating Haggis… at some social occasions in Jockistan we do so to avoid giving offence to the natives. But here’s the trick: when drowned with this linctus and washed down with a clavelin of Vin Jaune it actually becomes almost palatable.

Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

Aero 2021 is on.

https://www.avweb.com/aviation-news/aero-friedrichshafen-will-go-forward/

April 21 to 24. That’s Spring right? I might still want to do both Aero and a May flyin.

EHLE, Netherlands

We do normally have a big meet-up at Aero Friedrichshafen. It sort of forms the “German fly-in”, every year

Whether they will run it in 2021 is hard to say, with a xmas-triggered 3rd wave of CV19 coming. It’s going to be close, for sure.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Looking at the hotel prices; they seem convinced that it will happen.

EBST, Belgium

If anybody is interested, Orléans Val de Loire Airport (LFOZ) has immigration facilities (PPR 24h).

The staff are very helpful and can organise a variety of services : Car hire, etc.

LFCS (Bordeaux Léognan Saucats)
Sign in to add your message