Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Spring 2021 fly-in proposals

Indeed. Tropea is spectacular. Many more nice beaches in the area. Google „Capo Vaticano“.

Quite a (curvy) drive from Lamezia Terme though. When I last went (ten years ago), the airport didn‘t have much of a clue about general aviation, but that also meant there was no handling agent there; it was all done by the airport crew. Paid zero Euros for two nights. Not sure that would still the case today. For Avgas or mogas, people usually stop at Scalea (LICK), a but further north.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

After a year of near-zero socializing, we are happy to offer a 2021 summer fly-in at LFEH to mark the return to normal life (and flying ).

The plan is preliminary but it would be mostly :
- barbecue on the airfield
- visits
- maybe some local flights over the chateaux de la loire (Chambord is close, could be visited on the ground too)
- and nicer food for those on a diet after so much lockdown

We could easily rent a van if attendance requires it.
There are plenty of nice B&Bs in the area. Camping would be possible too.

Date would probably be mid July because it is the annual remembrance of the town with Scotland. Imagine pipe bands everywhere and haggis for everyone !
Article
Aubigny even has its own Tartan !

LFEH is :

• 1000m hard within woods
  • Avgas available
  • No customs, no IFR procedures. The area is super flat though.
  • Radio is A/A, but I or someone would be there with a handheld just in case.
  • Closest alternates are Bourges (IFR, customs but no immigration) and Orleans (IFR, customs with PPR, pricey during the weekend because they ask to activate the AFIS). I could pick you up there if necessary of course, but please try to land at LFEH if weather is good, it would be a lot less trouble for the organizer

Feel free to ask questions !

LFOU, France

Sounds nice, if you can also serve some COVID vaccine I’m in!

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

If I have had the vaccine by then (it looks likely!) I would definitely be on for an organised event at LFEH.

Looks like a nice plan !

Jujupilote wrote:

and nicer food for those on a diet after so much lockdown

Also the greasy option for those on diet during the lockdown ?

Last Edited by Ibra at 12 Nov 18:04
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Jujupilote wrote:

Feel free to ask questions !

When?

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Well, the scottish weekend is always mid july (July 14 is our National Day).

LFOU, France

@Jujupilote That sound great. Thanks for the attached article. If possible, we will take part.

EDDS , Germany

I guess nobody is interested anywhere north of the Alps?

South of the Alps is of course nice but requires a lot of time and money from the Nordics.

ESME, ESMS

Dimme wrote:

I guess nobody is interested anywhere north of the Alps?

Spring weather is challenging in the north, so it’s not easy to plan. If you have summer in mind, feel free to suggest.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia
Sign in to add your message