Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Spain: state-owned vs private airfields

Thats why I recommended LEGY (Garray, Soria) in some other thread. This kind of aerodromes are much nicer, in my opinion, than the AENA ones. They have some drawbacks also, for sure. For example when you want to go into a main city and you don’t have taxis there, or even there is nobody at all in the aerodrome. But usually that can be overcome whith a bit of planning and a phone call. The difficulty is, as has been mentioned, that to get info is not so straightforward as just consulting in the AIP.

LECU - Madrid, Spain

There really is no such thing officially. LEAP is an aerodromo restringido (see here), and as such doesn’t have a VAC. Of course, Jeppesen draws one up, but it doesn’t really show anything that’s not on your “enroute” VFR chart.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 02 Mar 19:27
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Can anyone send me a VAC chart of Empuriabrava (LEAP) ?
Went there a few time but can’t find my chart…

Romain

LFPT Pontoise, LFPB

Stephan thank you for that link, quite a few Super Cub friendly strips.

La Cerdunya is the only grass roots airfield in Spain I have in the logbook. Need to add a few more. My visits log the usual suspect so: San Sebastián, Bilbao, Barajas, Cuatro Vientos, Girona and Sabadell. For Barajas had filed Torrejon but got diverted, this was some years ago. Handling wasn’t too painful.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Peter, as far as horrible weather goes, think I can safely cancel my IFR training flight for Friday according to this GRAMET…

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France

Tell ‘m they’ll get a tailwind on the return flight
Hard to predict the weather, but assuming one front after another passing through may be a little too pessimistic.
Would be nice to meet you here Emir!

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

I planned Mallorca for late March but I’m not sure if that’s a good idea at this time of the year with so many fronts passing … Headwinds can easily turn 4.5 hours flight to 6 hours and my passengers are not quite ready for this.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Beautiful photos…

Here, the wx has been unflyable except for short breaks once a week.

Spain is a spectacular place to fly to. I had some great flights down to Granada, La Axarquia, Barcelona, Valencia, San Sebastian… Zaragoza (in November 08) was cold but with a deep blue sky. Salamanca (Oct 14) was the last one and that was just amazing. All done nonstop from the UK.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

LECD – La Cerdanya – just about two weeks ago,

Last Edited by Stephan_Schwab at 01 Mar 23:51
Frequent travels around Europe

Hello Aart,
Thank you for these infos !
So far I have landed in LERS, LESL, LESO, LEST, and LESB in Spain.
LECD And LECI could be interesting places for those flying to Carcassonne in May

Jean
EBST, Belgium
13 Posts
Sign in to add your message