Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Repair of DC H13.4 headset

I have a (among many other DC headsets) a 10H40. Bought it in 1988. Bounced around the world. No problems until one of the offspring slammed a car door on the cable. Looked at fixing it myself, and also had a local headset expert look at it.

Eventually sent it back to DC directly. Not free – 130USD, but received back a virtually new headset.

There is a difference in the quality of the components (especially cables and connectors) they use. After almost 30 years, the cable was still flexible. When the children were small, i bought a Pilot brand kids headset. I pulled it out of the bag a few years later and the cable had almost disintegrated.

Not sure if they still do it, but I had an issue with a similar DC headset – sent it back to David Clark, they repaired and returned it free of charge (well past the warranty period)

EGGD Bristol, United Kingdom

Although he majors on upgrading Headsets for Noise Reduction, Richard Holder has a very good/extensive knowledge (and boxes of spares) for all things David Clark and might be able to help.
This is his Web site and this is his email: [email protected]

Last Edited by Peter_G at 17 Feb 13:58
Rochester, UK, United Kingdom

Hello

I have a second hand DC H13.4 headset which has some issues. I suspect that the cable at the mic connector side is damaged as the headset produces noise when bending the moving the cable near the plug. I was thinking of replacing looking at the plug but is seems that it is not dismountable (or at least I have not found how).
I am thus looking for a new plug in order to cut the cable and have a new plug in place. I have been looking for a M642/5-1 plug but I cant found any at a reasonable price, well with a reasonable delivery cost to me correct. Buying a plug 8€ and paying over 20€ delivery for a headset bought 70€ is not really reasonable.

Looking forward if you have good plans/alternatives

Thanks in advance !

Jf

jfw
Belgium: EBGB (Grimbergen, Brussels) - EBNM (Namur), Belgium
4 Posts
Sign in to add your message