Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Repair of DC H13.4 headset

Hello

I have a second hand DC H13.4 headset which has some issues. I suspect that the cable at the mic connector side is damaged as the headset produces noise when bending the moving the cable near the plug. I was thinking of replacing looking at the plug but is seems that it is not dismountable (or at least I have not found how).
I am thus looking for a new plug in order to cut the cable and have a new plug in place. I have been looking for a M642/5-1 plug but I cant found any at a reasonable price, well with a reasonable delivery cost to me correct. Buying a plug 8€ and paying over 20€ delivery for a headset bought 70€ is not really reasonable.

Looking forward if you have good plans/alternatives

Thanks in advance !

Jf

jfw
Belgium: EBGB (Grimbergen, Brussels) - EBNM (Namur), Belgium

Although he majors on upgrading Headsets for Noise Reduction, Richard Holder has a very good/extensive knowledge (and boxes of spares) for all things David Clark and might be able to help.
This is his Web site and this is his email: [email protected]

Last Edited by Peter_G at 17 Feb 13:58
Rochester, UK, United Kingdom

Not sure if they still do it, but I had an issue with a similar DC headset – sent it back to David Clark, they repaired and returned it free of charge (well past the warranty period)

EGGD Bristol, United Kingdom

I have a (among many other DC headsets) a 10H40. Bought it in 1988. Bounced around the world. No problems until one of the offspring slammed a car door on the cable. Looked at fixing it myself, and also had a local headset expert look at it.

Eventually sent it back to DC directly. Not free – 130USD, but received back a virtually new headset.

There is a difference in the quality of the components (especially cables and connectors) they use. After almost 30 years, the cable was still flexible. When the children were small, i bought a Pilot brand kids headset. I pulled it out of the bag a few years later and the cable had almost disintegrated.

4 Posts
Sign in to add your message