Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Recording aircraft audio with an iPhone

The Big Q is whether the Iphone 5 uses a normal 3.5mm-plug hands free kit which works with other phones.

My old headset that came with a Nokia E52 works fine with the iPhone 5 and vice versa. So I don't think Apple deviated too much from what is common practice in this case.

FlightLink App and a Zulu Head Set workes fine!

EDAZ

I asked a friend in San Francisco who is the product manager for iphone and ipad accessories. This is what you need;

http://www.kvconnection.com/product-p/km-iphone-mic42-a22.htm

Yeah, I know. I've watched several "how to use an external mike" clips before I asked here. The above adapter seems to be available im the US only and I'd like to avoid buying there. It seems that Headset Buddy is the similar so I'll try that. Thanks.

EDXQ

The cable here

http://pilotshop.nl/contents/en-uk/d156VideoAccessoriesforiPhone.html

works very well on the iPhone 4. I am too poor to test it on an iPhone 5 :(

Vested interest declared - I own said pilot shop :)

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

Exactly what the doctor ordered! :-) Meanwhile I have ordered Headset Buddy. Let me test that first. If that won't work, I will buy the above from your shop. Promised!

EDXQ

Peter, can I use that cable for AUDIO only recording aswell? With what app will it work? Want to send one to Germany :-)?

Hi Alexis

drop me an e-mail and we can take this off-forum - [email protected]

FWIW, there is no problem with a discussion on EuroGA whereby a business talks openly about its products - provided the poster contributes to the site generally.

The poster just needs to make his business connection clear.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Tested on iPhone 4 with QuickVoice Free and worked fine, recording from the King radio in the office

Sign in to add your message