Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

R214 near Milton Keynes

I suggest you use drones straight to the guys window (assuming they are not using Amazon & Dilevroo), not sure how much HMPs are guarded vs Gatwick for drones? But the latter was a real fiasco…

For persons escaping, I don’t think these flights were listed on Wingly nor care about that R-areas
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_helicopter_prison_escapes

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

No restriction: fly regularly over at 510’. AGL.
Once it’s become commonplace, occasionally drop something small.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

Thank you all

UK, United Kingdom

JasonC wrote:

I assume they also don’t want people dropping things into the prison.

Same thing. If you’re going to do something illegal anyway, why let the the R-area stop you?

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

You can still overfly to 1000ft on gliders or microlights? I am assuming it avoids fake alerts anytime a helicopter flies over? (and we all know how UK military helicopters tend to fly in straight lines over every airfield, ATZ or bit of G-airspace at 1000ft agl )

To be fair, I don’t think that small 2400ft “P-airspace” if much of an issue even for fixed wings, I would not bother cruising cross country lower than that in aeroplanes and in gliders the two times I was at 2400ft over Milton Keynes the landing end up in Cranfield & Holdback farm rather than my home base

Last Edited by Ibra at 01 Jun 13:58

I assume they also don’t want people dropping things into the prison.

EGTK Oxford

I’ve never understood this kind of restriction. It is a crime to help people escape from prison and if you intend to commit a crime, why would you be deterred by an R-area?

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Yes, HMP Woodhill.

EGTK Oxford

It is for one of Her Majesty’s Prisons, and only applies to helicopters.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Prison, helicopters only but gliders & fixed wings are ok, overfly not landing ofc

Last Edited by Ibra at 01 Jun 12:05
11 Posts
Sign in to add your message