Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

PPR: If you have rats in your house, do you block up the hole from the sewer, or do you write an app for them?

Not a lot here. Just the club president or the mayors office sending it to me to do an English translation and response of you don’t need PPR, sending it back to the president or mayor’s office to be attached to a reply email to you.
If you cancel then we all just give the “Gallic shrug”.
Maybe the mayor or president will respond “ok” or “a prochaine” but I doubt it. 🙂

France

I wonder what would happen if we all started to PPR all European fields all the time and then cancel at the last minute.

ELLX, Luxembourg

LeSving wrote:

But, we can make friends with the airport management

First step in making friendship with anyone is that both sides are willing which very often isn’t the case from airport management side.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Airborne_Again wrote:

So what was the point of your comments "It’s not about you, it’s about the airport owner

Relax, I had no idea you were a NOTAM sender. Most pilots are NOTAM receivers. I think this discussion is a bit difficult to follow, because we are all talking about different things under different circumstances and with incompatible experiences. It’s almost as if we live in different worlds.

About GA and commercial airports. Just now I came back from a photo session. I flew the Alphatrainer with a photographer on board. Flying formation and filming the Velis Electro. Will post them when they are available somewhere. Full backing from ATC. Several “hot shots” present, among them the airport director here at ENVA. After landing with the photographer, I was ready to pack it up, but then the airport director approached me and asked if she also could come with me and take pictures of the Velis in flight. She wanted pictures internally for Avinor at the airport. I said of course you can. A short phone to the tower telling them we would take another flight, no problem he said. We took off a few seconds after the Velis and she got tons of pictures and videos (incredible good quality, she had just an iPhone).

And of course this weekend we had this “open day” at the club. Full backing from ATC. They manned up with more people.

Obviously we cannot “beat” commercial aviation regarding making money for the airport. But, we can make friends with the airport management

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

LeSving wrote:

It wouldn’t surprise me I have never sent NOTAMs anywhere, I have no idea of that works. But I was of the impression that to be able to send NOTAM about an airfield, then that airfield has to be “in the system”, part of the AIP.

So what was the point of your comments "It’s not about you, it’s about the airport owner. " and “Well, the airport owner doesn’t seem all too keen then when he needs a representative to send them.”

Are you trying to be constructive in this discussion?

Last Edited by Airborne_Again at 04 Sep 08:46
ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Emir wrote:

It was you who mentioned slots and of course it’s not related to PPR. However, PPR is an airport management thing more than anything else

ATC slots and airport slots are two different things however. And airport slots do have a lot to do with PPR in many cases, where airports insist that you book a slot and arrive / depart within 15 minutes +- from that slot. This is a massive restriction and once again very much the opposite of what GA should be.

Airports live the dream of scheduled services which operate the same time every day and who have to apply for slots for each of their schedules each half year (summer and winter seasons). While in many airports this is a formality as there are plenty of slots available, in many hubs slots are a tradeworthy commodity which lead to massive bidding wars between the airlines. Once the airline slots have been assigned, the few times in between are allocated for just about everything else, charter, VIP, SAR flights and, at the very end of the food chain, GA.

Now the wet dream of loads of airport managers is the “greek model” where you get your schedule defined some 2 months before the season starts and then have that schedule and only that schedule flown. So you know in advance that XXX airline will land at 1430 and depart at 1515, YYY at 0930 to 1015 and your day is set, the rest of it being siesta and whatever. In big hubs of course things are a tad busier. Both however have no time and no motivation to deal with GA airplanes in between, as it’s the scheduled services with their passenger and cargo taxes who pay the upkeep of the airport. A 200 Euro PA28 is neglectable and generally undesirable as it generates work and not much else in their minds.

So they expect of GA that IF they wish to infest their profit center with their undesirable presence that they operate like the airlines who ALL operate per PPR: Apply for an airport slot with fixed arrival and departure times and adhere to them. The difference is that scheduled services won’t be sent elsewhere if they are 15 minutes late, at the rate they are going, nobody would operate anymore these days, but GA is rejected if they miss their slot and told to bu**er off to their alternates, for which they have officially had to apply for PPR as well, possibly dealing with another airport slot e.t.c.

For GA, the whole system in Europe sucks and is pretty much irrepairable, particularly for airports with regluation.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Airborne_Again wrote:

Or do you think that e.g. ENVA is some kind of AI that issues NOTAMs on its own accord!?

It wouldn’t surprise me I have never sent NOTAMs anywhere, I have no idea of that works. But I was of the impression that to be able to send NOTAM about an airfield, then that airfield has to be “in the system”, part of the AIP.

ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

LeSving wrote:

Well, the airport owner doesn’t seem all too keen then when he needs a representative to send them.

You are just being silly! The airport owner in this case is an organisation. (Which I think is almost always the case except for private strips.) In that case the only human beings are representatives. Or do you think that e.g. ENVA is some kind of AI that issues NOTAMs on its own accord!?

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Airborne_Again wrote:

I was (representing) the airport owner when I submitted those NOTAMs!

Well, the airport owner doesn’t seem all too keen then when he needs a representative to send them.

Emir wrote:

However, PPR is an airport management thing more than anything else.

Yes. What I meant was that PPR itself is not the big bad wolf, but the airport management prescribing PPR “unnecessarily”.

ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

I don’t see what this has to do with PPR in itself. This is obviously an airport management thing.

It was you who mentioned slots and of course it’s not related to PPR. However, PPR is an airport management thing more than anything else.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia
146 Posts
Sign in to add your message