Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Oslo to Jersey and back

Hi,

We are four pilots in two aircraft, LN-EDB (Cessna 182S) and LN-FWP (Focke-Wulf Piaggio 149D) planning to depart from Kjeller north of Oslo for Jersey on Friday May 27th.

Preliminary route (highly subject to change, in particular the return flight):
Fri May 27th: Kjeller (ENKJ) – Aalborg (EKYT) – Ganderkesee Atlas (EDWQ) – Antwerp (EBAW)
Sat May 28th: Antwerp (EBAW) – Brighton Shoreham (EGKA)
Sun May 29th: Brighton Shoreham (EGKA) – Jersey (EGJJ)
Tue May 31st: Jersey (EGJJ) – Caen (LFRK)
Thu Jun 2nd: Caen (LFRK) – Reims (LFQA) – Speyer (EDRY)
Fri Jun 3rd: Speyer (EDRY) – Oberschleissheim (EDNX)
Sat Jun 4th: Oberschleissheim (EDNX) – Lübeck (EDHL)
Sun Jun 5th: Lübeck (EDHL) – Halmstad (ESMT) – Kjelller (ENKJ)

We will try to update this thread as the journey progresses. It would be nice to meet other pilots along the way, and if anyone would like to join up for part of the route, you are very welcome.

ENKJ, Norway

Hello and best wishes for your trip. It looks as if you are based at Kjeller. Regret I’m not at Shoreham so won’t be able to greet you, but I know someone who is!

I’m planning to come there next month for a meeting in Oslo. I’ve been many times, but not recently due Covid! Are there any changes?

Regards, Aveling

EGBW / KPRC, United Kingdom

Are there any changes?

The only thing that comes to mind is that customs has a new email address for receiving FPLs (4h in advance, and only departure from within Schengen): [email protected].

ENKJ, Norway

Thanks! The customs proceedure at Kjeller is important.

Regarding your routing, you might want to note the ‘pilots notes’ on Lubeck in Skydemon if you’ve not seen them already?

Aveling

EGBW / KPRC, United Kingdom

This will be exciting, two in each aircraft this year and almost the same crew as in 2020 :)

I'll be back!
Kjeller ENKJ

Shoreham now :)

I'll be back!
Kjeller ENKJ

Very nice trip so far, both planes landed Jersey on Sunday 29 May… Here are the legs we have flown in three days…

Kjeller-Aalborg
Aalborg-Bremen Gendekesee
Bremen Gendekesee-Mönchengladback
Mönchengladbach-Ostend-Bruges
Ostend-Bruges-Shoreham
Shoreham-Jersey

I'll be back!
Kjeller ENKJ

Super trip

I think I saw the one above parked at Shoreham. I am based there.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Nice trip! Are you wearing immersion suits? Did you buy them specifically for the trip?

EGBJ and Firs Farm, United Kingdom

We bought these (offshore suits) used for many years ago and we have them on longer trips where we cross open sea. There are suits that have some stains that do not go away when cleaned and are therefore sold. Something that does not affect our use :)

I'll be back!
Kjeller ENKJ
13 Posts
Sign in to add your message