Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

O-200 oil gaskets??

Can you give me numbers/codes to buy oil plug gasket and the screen gasket for my plane? Those two little copper rings give gray hair – as even my overhaul manual does not tell their sizes or codes.
Is there any place where I could buy the spare part list for O-200 (tied to find in net but in vain)?
thanks,
hannu

EFFO EFHV, Finland

Continental O-200 parts manual local copy

I believe I’ve bought those copper washers from Aircraft Spruce. Find the part number and Google it.

Thanks a lot, Silvaire! That manual was exactly the one which I’ve been trying to find…
hannu

EFFO EFHV, Finland

Now that the sun has made its way over to me, I looked at the Parts Catalog. The parts you need are AN900-10 and AN900-28, both AN standard parts that are not specific to your engine. This is a good example of why O-200s will be running many, many years from now Listed in Europe by Aircraft Spruce and perhaps available locally.

AS Europe does not appear to have stock on the -10, but I found this statement in a listing elsewhere: “New copper crush seal p/n AN900-10 (MS35769-11, Lycoming p/n 06E19769-0.63) has a 625 ID (5/8")” which may provide additional local sources.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 22 Jul 14:12

I would initially check LAS Aero for these common parts.

Aircraft Spruce EU (a German firm called Sandelving, not apparently related to Aircraft Spruce USA but an agent for them) takes a lot longer to deliver and usually costs more.

Here ya go

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Have you considered fitting a screw-on oilfilter? Better for the engine and easier to change.
And a push-up oil drain. Both improve the O200.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

@maoraigh
Can you share some more info on these O-200 „upgrades? Thanks!

always learning
LO__, Austria

https://www.aircraftspruce.com/pages/st/manu_tempest_oil/fmengadapter.phpContinental
$339.00. Finer filtration of engine oil. Much easier to access. The mesh filter is cut off and discarded. It was very difficult to access on the Bolkow, awkward on the Jodel.
I don’t have a pic of the drain. It makes a cleaner job – no advantage if you don’t do oil changes yourself.
https://www.aircraftspruce.com/menus/ep/oilsystems_oildrain.html

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom
8 Posts
Sign in to add your message