Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

International overflight permissions and privileges for microlights / ultralights / UL / ULM

Annex 1 aircraft registered in other EU states can fly here all year round, subject to submitting a declaration, so no approval is required

Is it a declaration per flight, per year or once off?
I read a bit but couldn’t figure that out. I think I need to register to figure that bit out.

EIWT Weston, Ireland

They use the following definition: ULM, historical aircraft and aircraft built by amateurs registered in other States that do not comply with ICAO Annex 8.

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Exactly, so a Super Cub or so which is still an a CofA of course still won’t not need this authorisation.

Aart, on a quick read, it still seems a bit convoluted, especially that one has to gain access to some portal over which the declaration / application then has to be submitted.

Anyway, it is a good thing that they now clarify that (for EU-reg. aircraft) it is merely a declaration, and therefore now reply is needed.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 05 Jan 09:59
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Is it a declaration per flight, per year or once off?

I also wondered, and I think you are right that seeing the form would make that clear.

Looking at the form it does not become entirely clear.. It mentions a start date and an end date, a route or a base. So for an incidental visit it’s clear what to do. As to what to fill in if one wants to permanently station a plane in Spain, it’s not clear. Again, I have not been able to find anything in these documents that prohibits that. I thought about mailing them to clarify, but it is maybe better to not wake up a sleeping dog

Belgium is now charging €120, for 30 days – here

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I am in progress for a Belgium reg ULM(472,5kg) to get a permit to fly to the UK.
At this moment just under 100€ ( incl bank costs) for the application and almost 60€ for an official document translation , for a max 28 days permit.
Application is in progress.🤞

60€ for an official document translation

Is this required by the UK CAA?

Does every country require a translation into its own language?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Rumour has it that the DGAC France has agreed in principle to 600kg MTOW ULMs
That would be 575kg + 25kg for the parachute. Max engine power will remain at 109ch. and all types of motorisation will be included piston, (diesel and petrol) turbine or electric.
Details are apparently still to be worked out.
The magazine Aviation and Pilote are reporting that constructors have already been sent a letter giving the DGACs intentions.
I hasten to add that this is still a rumour but the president of our club has heard of such intentions but no confirmation from DGAC, FFPLUM or FFA.

France
Sign in to add your message