Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Lancair 320

UPDATE
A sale has been agreed It’s the start of an exciting new adventure

Brilliant news! Congratulations! You can now look forward to some great adventures in it!

If you fancy swapping your rice for potatoes, I see from Peter’s chart, that you could make Dublin in one hop! You’d be always welcome of course! You could even tie it in with Peter’s next visit to the Emerald Isle ;)

EIWT Weston, Ireland

I’ll send the € 10 anytime, if you are serious.

Congratulations JoJo – looks absolutely beautiful! Pity about the bank balance, but there are no pockets in shrouds!

Maybe you’ll be flying to Prague in her next year? Don’t let Peter do the flying – he only flies with yokes, not sticks

TJ
Cambridge EGSC

Don’t let Peter do the flying – he only flies with yokes, not sticks

But as he has stated on this forum, he can pee in a bottle with one hand and fly an NDB approach with the other which would be considerably more difficult in an aircraft with a stick!

But as he has stated on this forum, he can pee in a bottle with one hand and fly an NDB approach with the other

No… only an ILS

Actually, if we are to have a collection for Jojo, we should go for TKS because, as we all know, VFR wholly in VMC is simply not possible…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Nice airplane! And it had to be red like chili pepper too! Look forward to meeting you in LFPT

LFPT, LFPN

I’ll look forward to meeting you in LFTP too, Aviathor!

Thank you all for your comments and encouragement

Next step will be to fly it back from Holland with the current owner, who’s going to do our conversion training (instructor and ex-747 driver). He’s promised to turn us into ‘perfect pilots’ (his words – ha!), so he’ll have his work cut out

We’ll have to think of some delaying tactics to keep him here for a few days…he’s a wine-lover, luckily, so we should be able to keep him entertained!

Bordeaux

Congrats Jojo!!! According to Peters graph, you can easily reach Croatia

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Does anybody know the EPI 800 engine monitor?

From here it looks like might record all the data too, but it isn’t clear

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Jojo, Lancairs seem to be pretty popular with airline drivers – the one in the photo I posted is flown by a 747 driver. Practice makes ‘perfect’ so use all the retention techniques you can manage, red wine included! I think you’ll have a great time.

Sign in to add your message