Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Seven crashes in as many days (same aircraft and pilot)

Regulators are usually more level headed, yet a balant case like this will also cause bad vibes with them.

I have not seen any examples of that. What I have seen lots of examples of are risk averse regulators doing all kinds of highly theoretical preemptive regulatory work to make GA “safer”.

There are several camps in GA. Some are in the dulled down and “serious” camp. Others are in the “free as a bird” camp. Some are in the “adrenaline” camp, while others are in the “professional/expert” camp and so on. Obviously also there is a “complete insane” camp

What I meant was that stubborn “oddball” goats are in every camp, and lots of them. They all use every opportunity to point out why their camp is better than the other: if you do that, then you create a bad image on me, kind of arguments instead of, “you do that, I prefer this”.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

Certainly the FAA is pretty level headed. I was living in the USA when JFK Jr. crashed, and there was a massive press outrage. “The USA is the only country in the world that allows PPLs to fly at night without a night rating!!!1111eleventyone” Talking heads for days going on about how terrible this is, and how the rest of the world is so much better.

After 2 days, the press had forgotten, and the FAA did nothing, as nothing was warranted.

Last Edited by alioth at 17 Nov 09:12
Andreas IOM
22 Posts
Sign in to add your message