Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

New weather radar in Croatia

Croatia finally released new weather radar (located close to Zadar LDZD) that covers good portion of Dalmatia and Adriatic sea. In near future two more are expected – near Dubrovnik LDDU and near Pula LDPU.

These two pictures show how the ADL coverage was yesterday and how it looks today. Anyone who crosses Adriatics or flies in Split LDSP area will appreciate the difference.

Last Edited by Emir at 21 Apr 05:39
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Great improvement. Is it also incorporated into Garmin Connext Satradar?

always learning
LO__, Austria

For ground based internet connection I once again recommend RainViewer MetaRadar App:

https://apps.apple.com/at/app/rainviewer-regenradar-live/id980123924

always learning
LO__, Austria

RainViewer

They still haven’t included it.

While windy.com did it.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

It was / is very useful as even areas without designated radar coverage had weather shown through overlay of other radars:

always learning
LO__, Austria

Snoopy wrote:

It was / is very useful as even areas without designated radar coverage had weather shown through overlay of other radars:

I don’t know how they get radar picture for area without weather radar coverage but I remember few times that in particular area the picture looked more like a guess rather than the real radar image. However, I believe they won’t have any problem including new radar into the application.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Snoopy wrote:

t was / is very useful as even areas without designated radar coverage had weather shown through overlay of other radars:

Then it most likely is not real radar data but more a general short term weather prediction model. In some cases like fronts it probably works ok. In others with CB popping up in the summer it most likely does not perform very well. The big advantage of such weather models is that you can get quite easily more or less global coverage from a single source and most of the general population using weather apps will not care about the difference.

Last Edited by Sebastian_G at 21 Apr 19:36
www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

I think it’s done by combining radars

always learning
LO__, Austria

This is actual coverage of the radars you specified:

This is the coverage of new radar and it’s obvious that its images are not included in RainViewer.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

However, it seems that RV included it (although showing gray area) because all sources give same images.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia
13 Posts
Sign in to add your message