Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

My next aircraft - 150 Knot 4 seater with good range???

This is a really tricky one, because anybody who designs a 4-seater which can take 4 21st century (not WW2-era) adults with full fuel has achieved it simply by putting in tiny fuel tanks, and is an idiot

Peter – My main mission is 2 up and the long trips – that’s where I’d like full fuel tanks. What is your payload with full fuel tanks?

Four up will be rare for me, and it will be with elderly relatives who will need to stop fairly often to relieve themselves! So I’m not too concerned about that.

-Jason

Great Oakley, U.K. & KTKI, USA

Richard Collins has some great Sportys videos of flying his P210 all over the US. Very capable airplane and I always wonder why they don’t fetch more on the used market?

Because they are maintenance hogs, which is the advantage of the Comanche or older Mooney. Reliable Lycoming engines and simple landing gear. The Bonanza is a nice plane, but quality is not better than the Comanche and it lacks those two attributes. It does do short fields well.

FWIW 1427 lbs useful load for a 260C, which I think equates to four very large people and 90 gallons fuel. Whether new avionics would add to or subtract from that is open to question Link

Last Edited by Silvaire at 11 Sep 14:55

What about this Commander 114?

Needs a Garmin 530 installed.

Last Edited by JJBeall at 11 Sep 14:40
Great Oakley, U.K. & KTKI, USA

A TB20GT without full TKS is 500kg, and has 86.2 USG usable fuel.

Full TKS removes about 50kg. A turbo (TB21) removes another 50kg – approximately.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Take this: http://www.planecheck.com?ent=da&id=23812
Airvan, nice to sit and fly and much better to enter and load than a TB20/Commander.

EDAZ

It is a fair point that a lot of bigger people, and many “old” people, can’t get into a TB20.

Heavy individuals e.g. 120kg just can’t get in because they are too big, width-wise.

Old people often can’t get in because they can’t lift their legs over the door sill. I have plenty of experience of this.

But I would say the same for a lot of the other types.

That’s one reason why I would not do Project Propeller.

For those passengers you want a C182 or similar.

Last Edited by Peter at 11 Sep 14:59
Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Cheshunt, that Centurion is a lot of plane for that money…..

Fly safe. I want this thing to land l...
EGPF Glasgow

@BeechBaby yes and the avionik is worth than the half, don´t understand why she is so long on the market?

EDAZ

Or, you could take a weekend and get your multi rating (apologies if you already have it) and go get a Cessna P337 for a song and a dance. They’re the most affordable pressurised planes on the market. Can easily get into one for $60K. Good short field performers, great range and pretty fast (about 180ktas up high). All weather capability as well. And at economy cruise, they’re not that much more than a Bonanza would burn.

But hey, I’m a twin man. I realise it’s not for everyone, especially in Europe with the cost of fuel.

Last Edited by AdamFrisch at 11 Sep 16:15

It is a P337 not a SEP in the EASA land?

EDAZ
Sign in to add your message